AS Economics

Watch this thread
Badges: 0
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
Hi

Got my results today and upon talking to the rest of class discovered a shocking amount of people who had missed their target by up to 3 grades, i myself missed my target.

If you did an AS in economics if you wouldnt mind could you please post your result to see if my class was a fluke or if its something on a larger scale.

I did AQA economics btw. so if you could specify which you board you did i would be appreciative too.

Thanks
Alex
lapsaJ
Badges: 4
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alex_K)
Hi

Got my results today and upon talking to the rest of class discovered a shocking amount of people who had missed their target by up to 3 grades, i myself missed my target.

If you did an AS in economics if you wouldnt mind could you please post your result to see if my class was a fluke or if its something on a larger scale.

I did AQA economics btw. so if you could specify which you board you did i would be appreciative too.

Thanks
Alex
I did AQA too and was very surprised! I thought I got A/B's as I found it rather easy and answered everything.

My target was B, and I got a C.

Got 53 for the first two modules (Both D's). Then got full marks for the third module (90/90). Strange indeed.
Rep:
interesting, i got predicted an A and thought i might have got one. I ended up 70 (c) 74 (VERY low B) and 84 (A). looks like markets at work was the easiest one then.

I had heard that economics was supposed to be notoriously difficult this summer from various sources, but i'd have thought examiners would have adjusted for that.
Ibn al-Khattab
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
I did OCR Economics and I was 2 UMS marks off an A, my prediction was an A so I missed that by 2 marks. I don't need to resit though, I will probably make that up in the January exams.
lapsaJ
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Alex_K)
interesting, i got predicted an A and thought i might have got one. I ended up 70 (c) 74 (VERY low B) and 84 (A). looks like markets at work was the easiest one then.

I had heard that economics was supposed to be notoriously difficult this summer from various sources, but i'd have thought examiners would have adjusted for that.
Well I liked the first paper...but c'mon...D! I got A/B's in the mock papers. I'm not pissed off though as I've dropped it and don't really care about economics. It must be because a load of people did so well in them, and I just didnt do that well compared. Large margin though tbh!

I never get full UMS marks in modules so to get one in my worst subject was pretty surprisng too.
RogueTrader
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
edexcel was odd this summer, and alot of people thought they had done terrible, but many came out with A's and full marks in certain modules, so I guess edexcel adapted for the difficulty.
cuddy
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
seemed ok at my school....2 friends got 300/300, and loads were in the 290s
ghtrevgy
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
We did OCR and I acheived the following -

Module 1 - 90/90
Module 2 - 68/90
Module 3 - 115/120
OVERALL - 273

Yes, it was an A overall - but I am a little disappointed as I was hoping for 285+ as Economics was my favourite subject last year and I felt the exams went really well. I am definitely requesting a module two re-mark, as I thought that was the easiest! I am certain I couldn't have lost 22 UMS marks!
barry_4_england
Badges: 1
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
I wouldn't complain about 273... pretty amazing. The AS AQA marks were fine last year, and the A2 papers weren't too bad, it's just all my set got fairly low grades.
ghtrevgy
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by barry_4_england)
I wouldn't complain about 273... pretty amazing.
Yes, it is pretty good - but not so good when you are competing with people with 300/300 for a strongly Economics based course at Cambridge!
miss_executive
Report 15 years ago
i got a D in Aqa eco with C(67)c(67)D(45) i just missed a C by 1 mark....and im sooooooooooo disappointed as i usually get A's and B's in this sub
Rep:
From all the AQA threads about people getting significantly lower than they were expecting i think it's the safe to assume that something is definately not right.

Does anyone remember the big scandal about straight A students getting E's a few years ago?
lapsaJ
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
Hmmm...migth get mine remarked then.
miss_executive
Report 15 years ago
huh? havent heard of it
miss_executive
Report 15 years ago
i heard u can get them photocopied
Rep:
Well that's very nice.
miss_executive
Report 15 years ago
lol i mean u get them photocopied n sent to ur teacher they have a look n if they think its worth gettin remarked they'll advise it
Roonaldinho7
Report 15 years ago
I did Edexcel economics and was expecting a B or maybe a C but it seems i realy messed up and got a D=/ .I just got my grades though not the marks so i dont know yet in which papers i realy messed up(probably alla 3 though;p)
atack
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
I got a B in Economics, but missed an A by one mark.

UMS = 239/300

Was on the WJEC board by the way....
rico dan man
Badges: 12
Rep:
Report 15 years ago
i got a e in economics for edexcel because i got a c in unit 1 c in unit 2 and u in unit 3, which ima retake.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Y13's - If you haven't confirmed your firm and insurance choices yet, why is that?

I am waiting until the deadline in case anything in my life changes (23)
20.54%
I am waiting until the deadline in case something else changes (e.g. exams/pandemic related concerns) (12)
10.71%
I am waiting until I can see the unis in person (8)
7.14%
I still have more questions before I make my decision (19)
16.96%
No reason, just haven't entered it yet (27)
24.11%
Something else (let us know in the thread!) (23)
20.54%

Watched Threads