Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ^^as titled. How much better is it from normal Sky?

ReputationRep:
    Very good indeed; easy recording, organising and managing of programmes. Much better than normal Sky and worth the money.

ReputationRep:
    Couldn't live without my sky+ When I see a show that looks good I just set it to record every ep. Then when I have some free time I sit down and pick something to watch. No more missing shows or sceduling life around tv. And generally something good stored up to watch even at silly times of the day when nothing else is worth viewing. The pause thing is great too, phone rings or want a cuppa, no need to miss any of the action.
    And if u get all the sports or movie channels u dont have to pay the extra £10 fee each month either.

ReputationRep:
    definitely worth the money. i agree with everything the above posters have said

ReputationRep:
    Best invention since the wheel

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ronaldo VII)
    Best invention since the wheel
    Steady on... I think you may be rushing the fact that surely TELEVISION would be the best invention since the wheel, if you subscribe to that way of thinking, as without television, there would be no Sky+

ReputationRep:
    It's now all about Sky HD

ReputationRep:
    Sky HD looks like a waste of money though don't you think? Sky+ looks wiked though.

ReputationRep:
    Sky HD will be great once there are more programmes in HD ...at the moment its pretty much just 24 and Brainiac, with a hint of Discovery channel stuff. Once BBC, Channel 4 and five start showing their stuff in HD then it will be worth it. The picture quality is amazing, so much better than SD.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah the programs which are shown in HD, are way better then Sky-digital ones. It's a whole new level, you have to see it to believe it.

Soon when everything becomes avaialble in HD, then it will take over Sky digital/Sky+

ReputationRep:
    sky+ only costs £99 though and you don't pay any more each month (depending on your package)..

HD, you gotta have a new tv, £300 cost and £10 month extra on top of your subscription - all for better picture and sound?

no ta, normal tv quality is tidy enough for me!

and sky+ rules, by the way..

ReputationRep:
    Am getting sky + on thursday. Am looking forward to it.

ReputationRep:
    Roughly speaking, how long does it take from the moment you phone and order Sky+ to having it all installed and ready?

ReputationRep:
    Sky plus is good, for the first few moths then it dies. Trust me I have had sky for 12 years and I know what I am talking about. I got my first box in Nov 2004, it's Amstrad... its crap, it brakes down, clears your recordings, overheats and the fan is to loud.

The signal is awful and you end up getting recordings with delays and skips on them.

Now bear in mind that was just one box right? Wrong!
    I finally got my mum to replace the box with another Amstrad, a newer version but it still doing the same thing. However this one is not as bad as the other one it still skips and some of the memory is lost so you have to do a system reset.

So basically I love the recording features but make sure you do not get an Amstrad they are ALL crap.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by beatnik~87)
    Sky plus is good, for the first few moths then it dies. Trust me I have had sky for 12 years and I know what I am talking about. I got my first box in Nov 2004, it's Amstrad... its crap, it brakes down, clears your recordings, overheats and the fan is to loud.

The signal is awful and you end up getting recordings with delays and skips on them.

Now bear in mind that was just one box right? Wrong!
    I finally got my mum to replace the box with another Amstrad, a newer version but it still doing the same thing. However this one is not as bad as the other one it still skips and some of the memory is lost so you have to do a system reset.

So basically I love the recording features but make sure you do not get an Amstrad they are ALL crap.
    Amstrad boxes are crap. We had an analogue box which broke so upgraded to digital ...with another Amstrad box which broke. Now have a pace box and all it right with the world

ReputationRep:
    Ok, well I've found out how long it takes (should arrive on Friday!) but now I'm worried about this Amstrad box.... does anyone know if that's what will be fitted as standard when they come to do it on Friday??

ReputationRep:
    sky+ really is the bestest thing ever. You can go out on a friday night and still watch all your fav programmes without having a load of tapes all over the place!

ReputationRep:
    Sorry no idea what they fit as standard. Mines a pace, had it two years and no probs, freezes occassionally and you have to turn it off at plug and back on again, but all the saved stuff is still there and this happens twice a year at most.

ReputationRep:
    My bf's parents find amstrad box works better when placed on a slant!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: August 22, 2006
Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.