Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    In hindsight AS Level results were disappointing for me. I think it's cos you just want to relax, and you don't put as much work into it cos there isn't any immediacy until the last year to do well.

I got AABB in my AS Levels, and got a B in my English, which i wanted to do for Uni. I retook in Jan and managed to get a strong A. People generally tend to work much harder in A2 and regard, such as yourself, AS as a wake-up-call.

As long as you've learnt, you can still pull your grades up with some hard work and dedication. Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    Dissapointed i didnt manage a C in Bio. Thrilled with history though, thought i'd failed it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by FanTOM)
    I am reasonably happy the results I received were fair, I didn't put 100% effort into my studies and therefore that is where my disappointment lies.
    I can absolutly 100% relate to that, I havent got my results yet as they were posted, give me an hour or two. But even looking at my predictions i didnt work as hard as i should.

ReputationRep:
    Hi

Im fairly new.

I got my AS results yesterday and was pleased with them considering my predicted grades from my teachers. I didnt do well in Physics becuase, I found it difficult to understand, but also becuase its Physics.

I got:

A - Business Studies 252/300

A - ICT 245/300

C - Design and Tech 186

E - Physics 144

As you can see there is a broad range of results showing too much dedication in some subjects but no enough in others. Thats what I learnt.

ReputationRep:
    hi mate, i got a d in physics, got a b in mod 2 which was weird. did u do aqa

ReputationRep:
    As results arent everything... you can resit any of those modules up to 2 times each... so theres no eason why your grades shouldnt go up.

ReputationRep:
    splidge splodge, i want your advice on something. right im one mark of a b in my chemistry, do u think i get it remarked or not.

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite happy results with my results ... all As except computing.... which is a B. This sucks..

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by greatpotter)
    I'm quite happy results with my results ... all As except computing.... which is a B. This sucks..
    Exactly the same for me. I missed the Computing A by 7 marks.

ReputationRep:
    In my AS levels i got BBBC. To be honest, it was a sort of shock treatment for me. AS levels are important in getting accepted at universities and i never really thought about it tha way. Thus with the BBBC i got declined from durham and st andrews which both wanted AAB (i think) to study physics there. However i did get offers from my other 4 unis. Anyway, now I've pushed up my grades to AABC(E general studies) and i have the grades for both durham and st andrews and cant go to either unless i was to take a gap year. So... it sucks when u get crap AS levels as they are used to get offers at unis, but dont think you cant push those up in the 2nd year...

Edit: By the way, i resat the whole first year computing exams in the 2nd year and got an A in every single computing exam apart from one (CP5) which was a B. I came out with an overall A And i sat all the computing exams in June...

ReputationRep:
    Yes im very dissapointed
    A- German
    C- French grr 9ums off a B REMARK
    D- Biology AQA - wat an arse!! grrr 5 marks of a C REMARK
    D- OCR Salters Chemistry - a sham! - we wernt even taught properly! RESIT AS

Ive been told to wave goodbye to Cambridge My predicteds were AAAA Theres something BADLY wrong i wish it would just b sorted if it went up to ABBC or ABCC

ReputationRep:
    Disappointed with my Chemistry result only. The UMS was my lowest result out of all subjects, but this is actually the subject I find easiest! Annoyed at messing up the practical and answering a 9 mark question with something they never asked. Idiot.

ReputationRep:
    Last year when I did my AS's I was fairly dissapointed with ACCE

but

You can think of it as failure or a wake up call, if you work hard for A2 you will be fine, I just got my results and I managed to pull up my grades to ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BillyM)
    In my AS levels i got BBBC. To be honest, it was a sort of shock treatment for me. AS levels are important in getting accepted at universities and i never really thought about it tha way. Thus with the BBBC i got declined from durham and st andrews which both wanted AAB (i think) to study physics there. However i did get offers from my other 4 unis. Anyway, now I've pushed up my grades to AABC(E general studies) and i have the grades for both durham and st andrews and cant go to either unless i was to take a gap year. So... it sucks when u get crap AS levels as they are used to get offers at unis, but dont think you cant push those up in the 2nd year...

Edit: By the way, i resat the whole first year computing exams in the 2nd year and got an A in every single computing exam apart from one (CP5) which was a B. I came out with an overall A And i sat all the computing exams in June...

yer but daryl juding from this reply it seems crap as levels mean no offers!

ReputationRep:
    Last year i was disappointed with my AS-Levels (i got ABBC) and so were many other people that i know. Out of about 120 students, 3-5 were pleased with what they got.

To be honest though, i think it's lack of revision because GCSEs were very easy and people aren't prepared for the big leap up to A-Level.

ReputationRep:
    ok i got 3a's and a c and im dissapointed cos i wanna do law at a good uni i.e ucl,lse,manchester and i dont kno how that c will go down with getting offers
    ! im two marks off a b so im getting a remark but still stress!

ReputationRep:
    right you know about this whole if u dont do well in as levels. does this mean no offers will come because some say it means end of uni chances. some say its fine if u did crappy because u can resit and get lots of offers.

plz tell me which 1 is right

ReputationRep:
    it is if you dont declare your grades, and say its school policy, so unis dont see you as results (doesnt count with oxbridge). good gcse's and predictions can do the job for you.

ReputationRep:
    so say if unis dont see ur results as ure resitting is tht necessarily bad?

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Aston University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.