The Student Room Group

Can non-natives really be considered British?

Original post by Green Marble
This country belongs to the native british not to muslims

Please, tell me who are the native British?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Mubariz
Please, tell me who are the native British?

The ethnic populations native to these islands ie the English, scots and welsh
Reply 2
The ethnic populations native to these islands ie the English, scots and welsh

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/ancient/british_prehistory/iron_01.shtml

I can almost guarantee you are not native to Britain, you are most likely a mix of all the people Britain has been invaded by over the ages, so please, don't call yourself "native"

Plus Islam is not an ethnic group, it is a religion, somebody "native" to Britain can be Muslim.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mubariz

I can almost guarantee you are not native to Britain, you are most likely a mix of all the people Britain has been invaded by over the ages, so please, don't call yourself "native"

Plus Islam is not an ethnic group, it is a religion, somebody "native" to Britain can be Muslim.

According to extensive genetic surveying it is conclusive that the british peoples are overwhelmingly descended from the first settlers to the uk. I suggest you read Oppenheimer

The british people are native to these islands whether you like it or not. I am not going to argue this point any further with you
Original post by Mubariz

Europeans are native to Europe, Europeans are native to England obviously. They're a distinct people. All people are I think. English people have been here for thousands of years, this is not a post code. They have a right to be represented on the planet and have that acknowledged, whats the problem? since you admire 'diversity' so much, maybe you can start by acknowledging everybodys individuality and what it adds to diversity in general. Since Muslims want their own mosques, which is just some building...don't deny people what is theirs out of your begrudging spite.

Lol, you even put up a link. :confused: Seems like somebody is really angry by the fact England has a native population, :confused: which says more about you then him to be honest. And somebody who wouldn't argue with a Black South African informing a White South African he isn't a native African..
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 5
Original post by CryptoidAlien

According to extensive genetic surveying it is conclusive that the british peoples are overwhelmingly descended from the first settlers to the uk. I suggest you read Oppenheimer

The british people are native to these islands whether you like it or not. I am not going to argue this point any further with you

Where did people originate from? Was it Britian? No I don't think it was, nobody is native to Britain, I'm sorry.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Mubariz
Where did people originate from? Was it Britian? No I don't think it was, nobody is native to Britain, I'm sorry.

Thats not how a native people are defined. Native people is defined as an ethnic group with the longest historical tie to a geographical location. Of course british people are native to these islands
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 7
Thats not how a native people are defined. Native people is defined as an ethnic group with the longest historical tie to a geographical location. Of course british people are native to these islands

Native can also be defined as "being the place or environment in which a person was born or a thing came into being" that wouldn't be me, but it would be many people you don't see as "native"
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by CryptoidAlien
Europeans are native to Europe, Europeans are native to England obviously. They're a distinct people. All people are I think. English people have been here for thousands of years, this is not a post code. They have a right to be represented on the planet and have that acknowledged, whats the problem? since you admire 'diversity' so much, maybe you can start by acknowledging everybodys individuality and what it adds to diversity in general. Since Muslims want their own mosques, which is just some building...don't deny people what is theirs out of your begrudging spite.

Lol, you even put up a link. :confused: Seems like somebody is really angry by the fact England has a native population, :confused: which says more about you then him to be honest. And somebody who wouldn't argue with a Black South African informing a White South African he isn't a native African..

But considering the metro said they dug up some african's bones from 40'000 years ago here I'm Europe I think that is a misplaced assertion ( 'white people' are approximately 6000 years old science says)
Original post by Mubariz

By people less than 100 miles away. That's like saying one group of Arabs took over one area, therefore no Arab is native to Arabia. We are native Germanic/Northern Europeans. You can see it in our language and our culture.
Original post by Mubariz
Native can also be defined as "being the place or environment in which a person was born or a thing came into being" that wouldn't be me, but it would be many people you don't see as "native"

I don't have any historical line to this country, I was not born here and neither were my parents :cool:

Respect is not given, but earned.

Let me settle here? are you kidding me? I'll settle anywhere I want because in my eyes this land is as much mine as it is yours, who on earth gave you power over this land?

May I ask what country your ancestors hail from? I take it by your logic I should be able to turn up, start building a church and settle for as long as I want in my new country with no interference, correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Jebedee
May I ask what country your ancestors hail from? I take it by your logic I should be able to turn up, start building a church and settle for as long as I want in my new country with no interference, correct?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I come from Afghanistan, and while I agree that you probably wouldn't be able to do that there is that really a reason you should deny people their rights here?
Two wrongs don't make a right, I would support you building a church and settling in Afghanistan but I doubt it would matter, but the point remains no matter what another person does, you aim to be the best you can be.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
I come from Afghanistan, and while I agree that you probably wouldn't be able to do that there is that really a reason you should deny people their rights here?
Two wrongs don't make a right, I would support you building a church and settling in Afghanistan but I doubt it would matter, but the point remains no matter what another person does, you aim to be the best you can be.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So you're saying it's up to us to bend over backwards for everyone else while you sit there laughing at our foolishness? Sorry, but I think you should take what you're given without complaining until Afghanistan matches the human rights offered here.
Reply 13
Original post by Jebedee
So you're saying it's up to us to bend over backwards for everyone else while you sit there laughing at our foolishness? Sorry, but I think you should take what you're given without complaining until Afghanistan matches the human rights offered here.

I don't even know how to reply to that, you say you are some advanced state, how we are so behind etc etc etc yet you constantly compare yourselves to us, if you are so great you shouldn't.

Let me ask you a question? Just because on some countries there are genocides do you think that Britain should stoop to that level? Or do you think that you should be better than that.

Just because other people do something doesn't make it right

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Mubariz
I don't even know how to reply to that, you say you are some advanced state, how we are so behind etc etc etc yet you constantly compare yourselves to us, if you are so great you shouldn't.

Let me ask you a question? Just because on some countries there are genocides do you think that Britain should stoop to that level? Or do you think that you should be better than that.

Just because other people do something doesn't make it right

Posted from TSR Mobile

You admitted earlier that you disagree with the human rights in Afghanistan, so we don't need to go back into which country is more advanced in regards to those rights.

In addition you're strawmanning here. I made no mention of replicating here what is done in Afghanistan, but you're implying the rights you're given here aren't enough. What I am trying to convey is that until Afghanistan brings itself forward to the level of human rights we offer here, we won't feel at all obliged to go beyond what we currently offer you. I hope you understand what I'm saying now.
Reply 15
Original post by Jebedee
You admitted earlier that you disagree with the human rights in Afghanistan, so we don't need to go back into which country is more advanced in regards to those rights.

In addition you're strawmanning here. I made no mention of replicating here what is done in Afghanistan, but you're implying the rights you're given here aren't enough. What I am trying to convey is that until Afghanistan brings itself forward to the level of human rights we offer here, we won't feel at all obliged to go beyond what we currently offer you. I hope you understand what I'm saying now.

What my point is this country does not "belong" to the "natives" I believe everybody has the same rights and that's all I'm saying

By that logic gingers would rule this country...
Original post by cuckoo99
By that logic gingers would rule this country...

I would have no objections to this. Who are we to oppose the natural order of things?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by miscounted_time
I would have no objections to this. Who are we to oppose the natural order of things?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Get back in your tin :smile:

You mean the vikings.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending