A2 Edexcel TRE Developments Help! Watch

RosyJ
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
On Wednesday I have the A2 exam: Edexcel RE Developments. One of the three questions I will be doing is religious language. I am however struggling on an essay plan. Like, I know that the verification and falsification principle will be in part A but where does the types of language and LGT go and what about the Via Negativa?!! Thanks!
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RosyJ)
On Wednesday I have the A2 exam: Edexcel RE Developments. One of the three questions I will be doing is religious language. I am however struggling on an essay plan. Like, I know that the verification and falsification principle will be in part A but where does the types of language and LGT go and what about the Via Negativa?!! Thanks!
Heya, I'm going to put this in the Philosophy, religious studies and theology forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=133
Starrydog
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by RosyJ)
What do you mean will be in part a? As far as I can tell you can write about whatever you want in parts a and b unless they say write about two of these types of language. It depends for me what i use in part a and what I can use as a criticism for it in B. Like language games criticises verification
leahmarie59
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
At our school we were taught that verification and falsification are in part a, whereas via negativa, univocal and equivocal along with analogy, myth, symbol and language games were part b but as we discovered the exam board sometimes swap the parts around which is a pain!
bambamx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
my teacher said that if it asks for a type of language you write about analogy and symbol and if it says write about the views about religious language, you write about the verification and falsification principles. does anyone know anything about this? I just know verification and falsification
Spatel96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
You defo write about verification and falsification but if you can (you should be able to) try and fit any of the other ones in that are relevant to the questions IE analogy myth symbol language games etc

Hope this helped
bambamx
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Spatel96)
You defo write about verification and falsification but if you can (you should be able to) try and fit any of the other ones in that are relevant to the questions IE analogy myth symbol language games etc

Hope this helped
how did you find the exam? I did religious language, religious experience and deontology. i didn't revise analogy and symbol at all. i don't even remember what i wrote and i ran out of time on my last essay so i did of half of part b. I thought this was the worst exam i did :mad:
Sapphirex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Omggg what was the religious experience question about?!? Everyone I've spoken to wrote different things :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
_MissB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I thought it was a decent exam but I didn't have enough time

Posted from TSR Mobile
han23
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by Sapphirex)
Omggg what was the religious experience question about?!? Everyone I've spoken to wrote different things :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
OMG !I did this question as i didnt revise ontological so couldn't answer that question. It took me about 10 mins to work out what the views meant and i still dont think i have got it right. It also meant i spent too long on this question and didn't have enough time for the other questions. Really stressing.
Sapphirex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I honestly had no clue and was so gutted. I was expecting the kind of q that came from the ontological argument to come up for religious exp

Posted from TSR Mobile
lukemackenziee
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I think that with the religious experience question one statement was talking about a personal religious experience with Swinburne and James and the other was less personal so I talked of Otto and the numinous, idk, just wrote everything I knew
_MissB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The religious language question was very time consuming (
samuelsparks
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Did anyone do the Life After Death question? Wtf was that all about?
_MissB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I saw that question and I was like f that man it made no sense
Sapphirex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
Yeah I did life after death! From looking back at the past questions they were all pretty straight-forward but nah this time round...

I wrote about immortality of the soul for the first one then ressurection and weighed it up for the second hbu?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Spatel96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by bambamx)
how did you find the exam? I did religious language, religious experience and deontology. i didn't revise analogy and symbol at all. i don't even remember what i wrote and i ran out of time on my last essay so i did of half of part b. I thought this was the worst exam i did :mad:

The questions were so harsh! I did religious exp, religious lang and natural moral law. The ontological question seemed pretty straightforward but i felt like i didn't know enough about it, so i ended up doing experience and lang. Experience was so confusing but i stuck to the essay structure ive always used and just embedded the quotes in somehow. the language question was so specific! i choose myth, symbol and language games. did you mention verification or falsification? i quite liked the Natural Moral Law question, it was pretty straightforward.
Spatel96
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by lukemackenziee)
I think that with the religious experience question one statement was talking about a personal religious experience with Swinburne and James and the other was less personal so I talked of Otto and the numinous, idk, just wrote everything I knew
i did the same! i wrote everything i knew and somehow managed to link it to the quotes in the question. We've never done a question like this before so i had no idea how to structure it. we can only hope for the best now!
Sapphirex
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
The ethics question covering natural moral law etc was soooo nice, wish the rest was! Is anyone doing implications on Donovan, Westphal and Ayer?

Posted from TSR Mobile
_MissB
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I am...really hoping Westphal doesn't come up ://///
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Roehampton
    Department of Media, Culture and Language; School of Education; Business School Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • Edge Hill University
    Undergraduate and Postgraduate - Campus Tour Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Feb '19
  • University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Further education
    Tue, 19 Feb '19

Do you give blood?

Yes (61)
8.38%
I used to but I don't now (18)
2.47%