New Doctor at Uni? Watch

girlpants
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I read someone on the internet that you need your NHS medical card to get a new doctor at uni and that you need to have mumps and measles innoculations before you go?

Is this true? :confused:
sunscreen
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by girlpants)
I read someone on the internet that you need your NHS medical card to get a new doctor at uni and that you need to have mumps and measles innoculations before you go?

Is this true? :confused:
dont think u need injections... but they do advise u get them! i didnt... lol
purpleone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I got mine done before i went and menegitis, when you go there its best to register with the uni practise, when i did i had to have a medical and go through what injections id had and stuff and my weight taken and my diet and everything!
aleathiel
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
eek I don't have an nhs card, how do I get one? :eek:
girlpants
Rep:
?
(Original post by aleathiel)
eek I don't have an nhs card, how do I get one? :eek:
I'm going to go into my local surgery and ask.

Oh man i dont like people weighing me!
aleathiel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm going to go into my local surgery and ask.

Oh man i dont like people weighing me!
eek me either lol its bad enough when I weigh myself :p:
purpleone
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i got sent a new one before uni, dont know how or why, thought it was just automatic...
girlpants
Rep:
?
(Original post by purpleone)
i got sent a new one before uni, dont know how or why, thought it was just automatic...
Tsk! Lucky you :p:
mermania
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I didn't register with a doctor at uni.
don't really see the point in it, it's not like I'd ever have gone to see him/her - I haven't been to my doctor at home in over 5 years
girlpants
Rep:
?
what if u got pretty ill while you were at uni?
mermania
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
if I was that ill I'm sure a hospital might find it in their hearts to treat me.
Ribbons
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I thought most universities offered medical help/care to students?
*Bee*
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mine was sent to me when i joined the surgery at home, and i kept mine with other important docs, your parents may have been sent it, if not ask your surgery at home xxx
sunscreen
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by mermania)
I didn't register with a doctor at uni.
don't really see the point in it, it's not like I'd ever have gone to see him/her - I haven't been to my doctor at home in over 5 years
i didnt last year but me and my dr at home have since fallen out over her STUPID views so this year i will be getting a dr at uni (as i plan to remain there for the long term anyway)
CheesyBeans
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I remember mu uni sent me a form to fill out if I wanted to register at the local docs. I remember it was like name etc, nhs number and a medical health questionnaire. I think this meant I didnt need to take a card with me to uni but I can't remember. I remember on the day we did all the boring registration stuff with the uni I had to get measured and weighed. I wasn't bothered by my weight so much more the fact I had to remove my shoes and they didn't smell very nice!
aleathiel
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
what if u got pretty ill while you were at uni?
my uni has a sick bay for if people get ill, have to pay £10 a year for it but it'll be worth it as I get flu in november/december time every year now it sucks
ChemistBoy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Most unis will give you information about a GP, although my advice is once you have left campus to get another one as the Uni GPs are usually a bit rubbish. I strongly advise you to get all your jabs - it is not fun having mumps or measles at the start of your first year, it is even less fun having meningitis.
smilee172
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by CheesyBeans)
I remember mu uni sent me a form to fill out if I wanted to register at the local docs. I remember it was like name etc, nhs number and a medical health questionnaire. I think this meant I didnt need to take a card with me to uni but I can't remember. I remember on the day we did all the boring registration stuff with the uni I had to get measured and weighed. I wasn't bothered by my weight so much more the fact I had to remove my shoes and they didn't smell very nice!
lol about your shoes
Cookie87
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
my uni told me i had to have my mmr before i registered with them...if i didn't they give you one when you register with your uni doctor. i'd get it done now because uni nurses are always in a rush and won't care if they hurt you!
El Scotto
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago

why bother registering?

I cant save you all about 2hours waiting time of breathing in the air of sick people.
IF you're ill take lots of rest, have some painkillers and keep up your intake of fluids.

anything worse is for hospital
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (181)
27.55%
No (476)
72.45%

Watched Threads