The Student Room Group

Biology Unit 1 Higher Exam 6th June 2014 opinions?

What did you all think of the exam?
Which questions did you find hard?
What answers did you get for the Thalidomide questions?
I thought it was quite different the usual exam papers. I'm like a low a* student and I may have gotten 45 or less :frown:
I couldn't think of more than 4 things for the six mark question on adaptations.
the thalidomide question, I think I wrote, in order: sleeping issues, morning sickness, something like it was not tested on pregnant women, and limb defects in birth, I can't remember if there was one more.
Reply 2
Original post by LewisCroney
I thought it was quite different the usual exam papers. I'm like a low a* student and I may have gotten 45 or less :frown:
I couldn't think of more than 4 things for the six mark question on adaptations.
the thalidomide question, I think I wrote, in order: sleeping issues, morning sickness, something like it was not tested on pregnant women, and limb defects in birth, I can't remember if there was one more.

I found the adaptations question okay actually. The page about the birds eggs in the decaying plants really got me confused.
I will have lost 2 marks on the Thalidomide questions because I put morning sickness then leprasy (which was true but I forgot that it was for sleeping before that, so my order is wrong :mad:)
Original post by Izzy5028
What did you all think of the exam?
Which questions did you find hard?
What answers did you get for the Thalidomide questions?

It was pretty good actually...

i was unsure about my answer for the question about decay and the birds eggs

For the thalidomide Q i said
a) sleeping problems
b) morning sickness
c) not tested on pregnant animals
d) stunted growth in foetus'

Quick Reply

Latest