self teach edexcel maths along with 3 A2's?

Watch
Ifty426
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Hi guys

My maths exams didn't go as well as I hoped this year for C1 and C2 and I think I won't be prepared for S1 on tuesday either. So by the looks of it I think I'll be doing Biology, Chemistry and Psychology (I got a C grade last year and will be transferring credit to WJEC) next year for A2.
Not trying to push my luck but I think I got these grades so far optimistically speaking:
Biology OCR: A
Chemistry OCR: D
Graphic Design Edexcel: A/B
Maths Edexcel: D/E/U

The only reason I believe I failed maths was because I kept applying things rather than understand.

So is it possible to self teach maths in C1, C2, C3, C4, D1 and S1 (C1 and C2 and S1 will be easier since i am far mor familiar with them) and get an A in on year along with 3 A2's? Of course its hard work but is it possible?

Heimdall
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ifty426)
Hi guys

My maths exams didn't go as well as I hoped this year for C1 and C2 and I think I won't be prepared for S1 on tuesday either. So by the looks of it I think I'll be doing Biology, Chemistry and Psychology (I got a C grade last year and will be transferring credit to WJEC) next year for A2.
Not trying to push my luck but I think I got these grades so far optimistically speaking:

The only reason I believe I failed maths was because I kept applying things rather than understand.

So is it possible to self teach maths in C1, C2, C3, C4, D1 and S1 (C1 and C2 and S1 will be easier since i am far mor familiar with them) and get an A in on year along with 3 A2's? Of course its hard work but is it possible?

It is possible.
davros
  • Study Helper
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ifty426)
Hi guys

Well it's "possible", but what makes you think you'll be more successful at self-teaching maths than you were in the first year with the support of a teacher?
Ifty426
Rep:
?
The addition of a friend who will help me with A2 modules as he has attained an A grade and another friend who is also my neighbour and is sitting maths modules with me in the summer next year. The major difference from this year till now is that I won't have a heavy coursework subject such as graphic design and I'll definitely be using full use of the resources that I ignored to use, I think it goes with out saying that I have to do every exercise to better my understanding.
Kill3er
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You should be able to get at least C1/C2/S1 solid by the end of the summer holidays surely, if you are already familiar with them. Then it's just practice through the year, and learning the A2 modules.
Ifty426
Rep:
?
Yeah I'm going to do that after the day of results, because I know I won't have time to mope around no matter what I get - I choose after results day just in case I have actually done better than expected

Posted from TSR Mobile
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.2%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (19)
15.97%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (21)
17.65%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (15)
12.61%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (37)
31.09%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (22)
18.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed