The Student Room Group

I feel alone on TSR and IRL

I feel like no one wants to talk to me and it makes me feel sad

even on TSR people don't talk to me that much

I'm really sociable and I don't lack any confidence but it's just the fact that no one wants to speak to me that just confuses me

Am I the only one who feels lonely on TSR?:frown:

Scroll to see replies

Doesn't help if you post anonymously.
Reply 2
Maybe you should be more interesting.
Zzzzzzzzzz nothing to see here folks.
Original post by Anonymous

I'm really sociable and I don't lack any confidence but it's just the fact that no one wants to speak to me that just confuses me

What do you even mean by 'talk to me'?
As in replies to your comments?
Nope.
I don't feel lonely
Are you trying to talk to people? Or do you just expect them to talk to you?
I wouldn't mind getting to know you, if you want you can add me, and we can talk! (Sorry if that sounds weird or anything).
Can always drop me a PM if you want! :smile:

What do you mean "no one wants to speak to me"? Do you know this, or are you just assuming?
Original post by Anonymous Coward
What do you even mean by 'talk to me'?
As in replies to your comments?

No, not by replying to comments, I mean every now and again I PM people but I don't get that much PMs myself really

Original post by Phil2008
What do you mean "no one wants to speak to me"? Do you know this, or are you just assuming?

Just assuming, I suppose
Aw don't be silly just say something contravesial and people will perk up on here.

In real life join things and be more outgoing there are nice people out there who will want to talk to you.

I'm sure you're a lovely person well worth while talking to so go and show them.
If you feel like no-one talks to you on TSR, then start up conversations with people - chances are they won't ignore you, even if it only ends up being a brief conversation. Same in real life, really.
I feel you buddy.
No, not by replying to comments, I mean every now and again I PM people but I don't get that much PMs myself really

Just assuming, I suppose

I pretty much never get random PMs and I'm like the most desired person on this forum. Don't sweat it.
I find it hard to believe no one replies to your PM's or whatever, unless you are a top level creep.
Original post by Viva Emptiness
I find it hard to believe no one replies to your PM's or whatever, unless you are a top level creep.

I am a top level creep. Nah, just joking
Talking to people on forums is frustrating in itself. Feels like it is almost human interaction but not quite enough. Don't know why I bother. But when you are alone at night it kind of keeps the bad thoughts away :moon:

OP, change your avatar to something cat related. Lot so people like cats and those that don't aren't worth knowing :tongue:

Or stick a scantily dressed women as your avatar. Like a certain someone in this thread. :tongue:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by ChaoticButterfly
Talking to people on forums is frustrating in itself. Feels like it is almost human interaction but not quite enough. Don't know why I bother. But when you are alone at night it kind of keeps the bad thoughts away :moon:

OP, change your avatar to something cat related. Lot so people like cats and those that don't aren't worth knowing :tongue:

Or stick a scantily dressed women as your avatar. Like a certain someone in this thread. :tongue:

tbh my avatar is pretty cool anyway :P

I don't really feel lonely, but you can message me if you like OP :redface: I've certainly went through patches where I felt like I had nobody to talk to, it's difficult. Like you I always went out of my way to be sociable and friendly to everyone but I just felt it wasn't reciprocated. It isn't nice to experience.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending