The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
From reading the wording they have on the LSE website. It looks like if you missed the offer you didnt get in. The success rate for students was very high in meeting offers so they didnt have any spaces to fill.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
well it wasn't this year but i know of someone who missed a law offer by one mark but wasn't allowed in. LSE can afford to be strict with offer requirements (and in my experience they are more so than oxbridge) and also because they oversubscribe i think the chance of getting in with less are quite small. but i'm not an admissions tutor- i'm just going on what i've heard.
yeah, last year 2 people from A+F, and this year 2 as well for A+F. fell short of offer for 2-10 UMS marks.
Reply 4
Yesterday was like the worst day of my life, I missed my LSE by 1 Mark, yes, just 1 damn mark. My offer for economic history was AAB, and I got ABB, I was only 1 mark away from an A in Maths. I've called and they wont let me in, I've applied for a priority remark for my maths papers, the wait is killing me :s
what did u say to them when you called??? good luck with your remarks/
Reply 6
They told me there was no way they could let me in unless I get an A through the remarks. Thanks, I just hate waiting, hopefully I'll know by somepoint next week if Im in or not...
Hey best wishes for your remarks,Tidasquall. Sure hope you make it.
Reply 8
Tidasquall
Yesterday was like the worst day of my life, I missed my LSE by 1 Mark, yes, just 1 damn mark. My offer for economic history was AAB, and I got ABB, I was only 1 mark away from an A in Maths. I've called and they wont let me in, I've applied for a priority remark for my maths papers, the wait is killing me :s

same happened to me. Got BBB, was going to do History at LSE. Missed the A in History by 2 UMS marks.

Going to get one module remarked as it was strangely low when compared to the other modules. 4 modules were A's, one B and one a D and was sure that exam went well.

I doubt LSE will let me in if I don't get that A but they said on the phone to the head of my Sixth form that'll they'll consider it.

But im 90% sure they'll say no if I don't get that A.

Only appeal that I have is that in one of the history exams it was done on computer and the network crashed and lost a lot of my work and had to re-do it. The school told the examining board and hopefully LSE will take that into consideration too. As even though i still got a B in that module it probably would have been better had there not been the loss of work and having to re-do it.

I just hope the results of the re-mark come back quickly. the wait is killing me.
Reply 9
I just failed to meet the offer I was given - BBB for social anthropology. I got AAC, and I was about 20 marks off a B in politics. One module I screwed up. Oh well.
Reply 10
Hey guys, I missed my AAA offer by getting AAB. I'm also getting a priority remark as I was only 2 UMS points off an A in Business studies. I can understand their decision though, if people who met their offers have taken up all the spaces on the course you've applied for, they simply can't take you on!
Reply 11
hey really unlucky tidasquall, K.O.S, edd and xaphania
sorry to hear... hope any remarks work out for you guys
my sister tried to have hers remarked last year.. sometimes they can be really uncooperative so youre gonna have to force them to remark it properly... i think my sister was completely cheated
LSE has just put an explanation up on their website: http://www.lse.ac.uk/collections/undergraduateAdmissions/
Reply 13
I missed my offer but I have been confirmed a place.

My circumstances are quite different from yours though, since I did the IB.

In one respect, I exceeded my offer (I got 39 points as opposed to my offer of 38) but in another, I missed it (got 6 6 6 at Higher Level as opposed to my offer condition of 6 6 7).

I also know of another person who in another year did the IB and missed their offer by one point but still got a place at LSE.

But I know that I am very very lucky.
Reply 14

You can say that again. Congratulations, by the way! :smile:
Reply 15
caramello
I missed my offer but I have been confirmed a place.

My circumstances are quite different from yours though, since I did the IB.

In one respect, I exceeded my offer (I got 39 points as opposed to my offer of 38) but in another, I missed it (got 6 6 6 at Higher Level as opposed to my offer condition of 6 6 7).

I also know of another person who in another year did the IB and missed their offer by one point but still got a place at LSE.

Also, as an International student, I think you'd get preference over home students if you slightly miss your offer; its understandable really, since your paying so much more! Congratulations on getting a place :smile:
Reply 16
Well i got a B in Biology and A in AS Physics since I did my other 2 A levels last year (AA). My offer was A in bio and B in phys, whereas I got it the other way round. The standard offer for A+F is AAB (last year was ABB), and I got a set of AABa grades, and I got rejected, beat that.
Reply 17
2late
Well i got a B in Biology and A in AS Physics since I did my other 2 A levels last year (AA). My offer was A in bio and B in phys, whereas I got it the other way round. The standard offer for A+F is AAB (last year was ABB), and I got a set of AABa grades, and I got rejected, beat that.

WHAT ? Are you kidding ? Call Ug Admissions 2late, we want you in A&F !
Reply 18
2late

:eek: wow, that IS harsh, even if you didn't get an A in bio you still got AAB. I didn't even know LSE specified subjects that you have to get the A's in. Johan, you're doing A+F, did they specify subjects in your offer?
Reply 19
Xaphania
:eek: wow, that IS harsh, even if you didn't get an A in bio you still got AAB. I didn't even know LSE specified subjects that you have to get the A's in. Johan, you're doing A+F, did they specify subjects in your offer?

No, just asked for a Mention Bien (= an overall grade of 14/20, roughly equivalent to AAA).

Latest

Trending

Trending