I hope this helps some of you Watch

Shake 'n Bake
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I am not quite sure if this is the right forum to write this in but I thought many people would come here if they are disappointed with their results. I just wanted to share how I was feeling about failing last year and I it helps some of you. Also if anyone has any stories it would be great if you could share them.

I didn't get good grades last year and I was very disappointed and had no idea what I was going to do. I went back to school to repeat my A2 levels where I was told by my teachers that I was not wanted there because I was retaking. One teacher even went as far to say my (CDd) grades were very good and I could find a place through clearing (she gave me false hope). This was after I heard her say to another student that she was disappointed in their grades which were exactly the same as mine.

Anyway I went back and missed my friends alot however I developed strength in the fact that, I could go back and make a huge decision, bond with other people who were quite different to me and aim high and work hard.
Luckily it all paid off and I have been accepted to do Law at Brunel. It may not be Oxford but I am extremely proud of myself that I did not give up when I really wanted to.

Please be optimistic and keep your head up, don't be afraid to return back to school and retake some modules as it will work out for you in the end.
Alternatively take your mind off studying and take a gap year if you feel your not ready to go back.

I hope you all get what you want and deserve. Good Luck
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of East Anglia
    All Departments Open 13:00-17:00. Find out more about our diverse range of subject areas and career progression in the Arts & Humanities, Social Sciences, Medicine & Health Sciences, and the Sciences. Postgraduate
    Wed, 30 Jan '19
  • Solent University
    Careers in maritime Undergraduate
    Sat, 2 Feb '19
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    City and Collegiate Campus Undergraduate
    Sun, 3 Feb '19

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (140)
46.51%
Pro-humanity (161)
53.49%