digbee
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hello, i have fully completed my Student Finance application for this year where it will be my first year of study and first degree. My application has been income assessed and I have received a letter confirming I will receive £5000 and something, however, on this letter there is NO mention of any maintenance grant but I should qualify according to the student finance calculator, my annual income is not over the threshold. So, can anybody confirm to me why I do not have any maintenance grant on my application? Will it be added on later? I don't know if this will help matters but my parents filled in the form for supporting my application as they are illiterate with computers and it has been months now and the website still requests them to support my application, it has not yet been updated. However, in my correspondence all of the letters I have received from the SLC are there and present which means that my finance is confirmed my online account just has not been updated. Anybody in a similar situation shed some light? I would really prefer not to have to call them - I am not good on the phone. Thanks in advance!
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

I appreciate you don't want to call, however for us to access your account & confirm exactly what you have been awarded, I would advise the best thing to do is call us on 0300 100 0607.

If you would rather someone spoke on your behalf, you can confirm security & then pass the phone to them to take over the call.

Thanks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Hertfordshire
    All Subjects Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Ravensbourne University London
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 22 Feb '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Get into Teaching in South Yorkshire Undergraduate
    Wed, 26 Feb '20

People at uni: do initiations (like heavy drinking) put you off joining sports societies?

Yes (363)
66.97%
No (179)
33.03%

Watched Threads