The Student Room Group

GCSE DT Resistant Materials Exam HELP!

I've got my RM exam on 10/06/14 and I'm struggling with the exam theory. I did great in my coursework and got an A*.

Can anybody help with the exam theory pleaaaaaase
Thanks in advance!
Reply 1
Revise! Learn the designers inside out! Write every possible answer down in the space. Finally, use your common sense... That's all it is.
Good luck, I had mr RM exam 3 weeks ago. Best of luck :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
How much is the controlled assessment worth? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Edexcel; 40% Exam, 60% Coursework. I got 94/100 in the c.w. i think (definitely above 92/100 though)
Reply 4
I got an A* in my coursework too. That equates to a grade C achieved already without sitting the exam. Based on wjec's boundaries I needed 50% for A 75% for A* in exam. So the boundaries aren't too high, I think u should b fine :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Do past papers too :biggrin:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Based on the grade boundaries, http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCSE%20composite%201306%20v2.pdf if i've got an A* in my c.w. i have at least 108 UMS. I need 180 UMS (out of 200) to bag an A* right?

I need an A* in the exam to hold an A* in the end right??
Reply 7
Original post by AmarPatel98
Based on the grade boundaries, http://www.edexcel.com/iwantto/Documents/GCSE%20composite%201306%20v2.pdf if i've got an A* in my c.w. i have at least 108 UMS. I need 180 UMS (out of 200) to bag an A* right?

I need an A* in the exam to hold an A* in the end right??

Yes, you'd be correct as you would need 72UMS in the exam (which is an A*) to get the 180UMS for the overall A*. From that exam, 72 UMS equates to 70 marks on the paper. Hope that helps :smile:
Reply 8
Seeing as this paper will now involve SPaG, will the new paper be out of 84 marks?
Nope, the SPaG is included in the 6 marks in the 6mark q's i think, cos it's still out of 80

I had the exam today and it went well! :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest