Girls, Do You Find "Pretty Boys" Attractive? Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
I saw my ex from uni at a bar last night; I hadn't seen him for over six months (I'm a graduate now), and was with my new partner (who's kind of the 6" something, muscular, rugged, shaven-headed, manly-looking type). My ex is the complete opposite - average height and build, blond and quite the pretty boy facially, quiet, introverted, and stereotypically feminine in a lot of ways (he's bisexual which explains it to some extent; a large part of the reason we broke up was because he was getting quite "confused" and I couldn't deal with him ogling and flirting with other guys and all that).

Anyway, my partner went to the toilet, and then I was on my phone at the bar alone when I noticed my ex leaning on the bar a metre away from me and staring at me. I was a bit creeped out so I said hi, and then he said "Is that your boyfriend?" and I replied "Yeah." He was quiet for about half a minute, staring into empty space, and then replied "Traded down, I see, he's the definition of horse-faced" very quickly and walked off before I could make a comeback. I didn't see him after that.

It was just so random and arrogant, and he was clearly being immature :lol: But it reminded me of why I stopped being attracted to "pretty boy" types in the first place - obviously they aren't all like this, but sometimes they can be rather vain and stuck-up because of how good-looking they are. (My ex was the type to get compliments off totally straight guys because of his blond hair and "pretty" face, lol!) And they don't tend to "act like men" in some ways - e.g. spending more time on their hair than I do. That said, I don't want to tar everyone with the same brush as my ex.

Girls, do you personally find "pretty boys" attractive? Am I just judging them too much based on my ex here?
Mankytoes
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I think I'm the happy medium- I'm not very muscular or manly, but I also put very little time or effort into my appearance. :cool:
Black Cat
Badges: 20
Report 5 years ago
I'm somewhere in between and have noticed that younger girls go for older looking guys usually the rugged more masculine ones. Whilst the older looking women go for the younger looking pretty boys, but this varies depending on the girls preferences.
TaylorJJJJ
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I don't really find pretty boys attractive at all. I'm not a fan of vanity, especially in guys!
alejandro_o
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like boys who have that "pretty", slightly feminine look, but it's a bit of a turn off if they're too vain. That was a pretty rude remark though.
C.Almasy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Black Cat)
I'm somewhere in between and have noticed that younger girls go for older looking guys usually the rugged more masculine ones. Whilst the older looking women go for the younger looking pretty boys, but this varies depending on the girls preferences.
What if someone is a pretty boy with a masculine guy's physique?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Black Cat)
I've noticed the opposite - my friends and I tended to go for "pretty boys" while younger, and now that we're older most of us are dating "manly men". There's a theory I read about that explains it to some extent - apparently, if women are in more stressful situations they pick masculine guys more as they're more protective, and I suppose most adult women are more stressed out than younger girls, so that would make sense .
Mel1215
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
If they are good looking, I'd say "oh he's good looking" but I doubt I'd ever be physically attracted to a pretty boy, I tend to go for a more rough and ready kinda man
Black Cat
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I've noticed the opposite - my friends and I tended to go for "pretty boys" while younger, and now that we're older most of us are dating "manly men". There's a theory I read about that explains it to some extent - apparently, if women are in more stressful situations they pick masculine guys more as they're more protective, and I suppose most adult women are more stressed out than younger girls, so that would make sense .
I'm a younger looking guy and often have older women approaching me usually in their late twenties, but im no pretty boy. The theory you aforementioned does make sense though a lot of my female friends go for rugged looking men because they're more protective and mature. I suppose everyone has their own preferences.
Black Cat
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by C.Almasy)
What if someone is a pretty boy with a masculine guy's physique?
Then they must have won the lottery :cool:
Musie Suzie
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Has it occurred to you that he may have felt insecure in the overt manliness of your new boyfriend and felt the need to put him down to save face? Maybe he's not that happy with how he looks - you did say he's introverted. And he'll have seen that this guy was very different to him physically, and maybe wondered if that's what you wanted all along and if he was ever good enough/attractive to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Musie Suzie)
Has it occurred to you that he may have felt insecure in the overt manliness of your new boyfriend and felt the need to put him down to save face? Maybe he's not that happy with how he looks - you did say he's introverted. And he'll have seen that this guy was very different to him physically, and maybe wondered if that's what you wanted all along and if he was ever good enough/attractive to you.

Posted from TSR Mobile
That wasn't the point of my thread lol, I mentioned his insecurity in my OP What I was asking was if girls in general had noticed this with that kind of guy.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Mel1215)
If they are good looking, I'd say "oh he's good looking" but I doubt I'd ever be physically attracted to a pretty boy, I tend to go for a more rough and ready kinda man
Same. It's weird though, when I was younger being too manly looking was pretty much a turn off :lol: But nowadays I definitely like them rough and ready
Rum Ham
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I like some 'pretty looking' boys but generally I go for a rugged manly look, ya know like beards/facial fuzz etc.
Sazzle4
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
I actually do tend to gravitate to 'pretty boys' but I get the feeling I might define this a little differently to the OP. I don't go for the excessively groomed types or vain guys but I do find 'cute' guys more applealing than traditionally 'manly' or rugged men. That said, I've dated both because personality is ultimately the main factor in how attractive someone is.
Musie Suzie
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
That wasn't the point of my thread lol, I mentioned his insecurity in my OP What I was asking was if girls in general had noticed this with that kind of guy.
Just re-read your OP and you didn't mention your ex's insecurity. And as you based what you were asking on your ex (you said so yourself) I thought I'd point out that your interpretation of his actions may have been inaccurate.
anonwinner
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Mankytoes)
I think I'm the happy medium- I'm not very muscular or manly, but I also put very little time or effort into my appearance. :cool:
So basically you're just a skinny guy with bad hair and bad clothes
Precious Illusions
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Can appreciate them being attractive but it's not my type.
Anonymous #2
Report 5 years ago
I find pretty boys attractive. And I would date them, they're so cute.

But I think manly guys are hotter and make a girl feel more "protected", though pretty guys are sweeter (looks-wise that is).

I'd go out with either. Depends on their personality though.

Anonymous #1
(Original post by Musie Suzie)
Just re-read your OP and you didn't mention your ex's insecurity. And as you based what you were asking on your ex (you said so yourself) I thought I'd point out that your interpretation of his actions may have been inaccurate.
Oh - "immature," not "insecure." Point still stands, though - I already get what you're saying - i.e. that he was acting out of a place of pure silliness :cool:

It was just so random and arrogant, and he was clearly being immature
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you give blood?

Yes - I am a regular donator! (19)
6.57%
Yes - I have once or twice (17)
5.88%
I would like to... (124)
42.91%
No - I cannot give blood (71)
24.57%
No - I don't wish to (58)
20.07%