ISMA course- HELP! Watch

londonboy2006
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I got as levels of 243 ums in maths (A), 217 ums in economics (B) and 233 ums in RS (B)... i therefore think i wil get predicted B B B- economics is my strongest subject though and i was expecting a high a, not a crap b .

anyway, i really like the look of this course, and the requirements are listed as A B B- will they just automatically reject me because of my predicted B B B, or will they still give me an A B B offer? is this common (to get an offer conditional on grades above your predicted grades?)

I wil have a strong UCAS form for this course aswell- which should help my chances, as I have 5 weeks work exp in a bank with excellent references from a senior manger...

thanks for any help, cause i am extremely worried now.

londonboy2006
Afro
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by londonboy2006)
I got as levels of 243 ums in maths (A), 217 ums in economics (B) and 233 ums in RS (B)... i therefore think i wil get predicted B B B- economics is my strongest subject though and i was expecting a high a, not a crap b .

anyway, i really like the look of this course, and the requirements are listed as A B B- will they just automatically reject me because of my predicted B B B, or will they still give me an A B B offer? is this common (to get an offer conditional on grades above your predicted grades?)

I wil have a strong UCAS form for this course aswell- which should help my chances, as I have 5 weeks work exp in a bank with excellent references from a senior manger...

thanks for any help, cause i am extremely worried now.

londonboy2006
It could go either way mate… I was in a similar situation with my predicted grades, I applied to Uni’s with equal or higher expectations and only one out of the six rejected me outright..

They will most likely make you a standard offer for the subject in question and then hold voluntary interviews on one of the open days. If you choose to attend these interviews it shows you have a keen interest in the subject and the Uni and they will probably reduce their offer,

Best of luck!!
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (205)
18.65%
No (667)
60.69%
Not really bothered about them (227)
20.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise