please help a confused international Watch

Suyin01
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
I hold a single offer for medicine at imperial, and made it my firm. i met the grades and yesterday the firm conditional became unconditional.

my question is: now what?

should i be receiving a letter from ucas or imperial? more importantly, is there a deadline to reply to those letters? because the post between uk n mauritius is notoriously unreliable, i've lost plenty of uni papers on the way. i'm afraid of missing the deadlines, it happened to a friend of mine and she had a BAD time repairing the mess.

basically, anyone who can tell me what to do/expect now, please do. i'm pretty much alone in my situation here.

thanks a million
Anner
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Congratulations for your offer. You will receive a letter from UCAS asking you to confirm that you will be taking up your place at Imperial. As you've mentioned that the post service is unreliable, it would be more convenient to reply to your offer using UCAS track, or by phoning UCAS and letting them know. According to the track website, you can reply to course offers from 19th August onwards. There's no reason to worry about missing deadlines.
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Now you wait for the AS12 letter from UCAS, and the offer pack from Imperial. In the mean time, go out and celebrate. If you need to reply to the AS12 letter (unlikely though - they'll state it on the reply slip), you have to do it within 14 days... although I'm sure they'd be happy enough with a phone call considering the postal service.
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Aries87)
Congratulations for your offer. You will receive a letter from UCAS asking you to confirm that you will be taking up your place at Imperial. As you've mentioned that the post service is unreliable, it would be more convenient to reply to your offer using UCAS track, or by phoning UCAS and letting them know. According to the track website, you can reply to course offers from 19th August onwards. There's no reason to worry about missing deadlines.
He has nothing to reply for using Track, and the AS12 letter anyway is mailed to the university, not UCAS.
Suyin01
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
ok, so basically i'm supposed to get a AS12 letter to send back to the uni... so assuming i dont see the letter coming, should i phone ucas or the uni to confirm?
Knogle
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Suyin01)
ok, so basically i'm supposed to get a AS12 letter to send back to the uni... so assuming i dont see the letter coming, should i phone ucas or the uni to confirm?
Call UCAS. As long as your offer already shows up as Unconditional, that means that the university has done it's part.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (286)
27.24%
No (764)
72.76%

Watched Threads