Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Ok i kind of TOTAL messed up my a-levels yesterday and got ...ermm C,E,U and needed CCD to get onto my course...track says conditional for firm and my insurance but i severly doubt they will even consider me for the course as i got no way near the requirements....

Is there anyway i could get through on clearance? not exsactly sure what that is but have heard a lot of people talk about it

What are my options?...if any?

Anyhelp would be appreciated

Sam

ReputationRep:
    Stop speculating! Phone the university/ department to see if you're in. I missed out on my grades, as did a lot of people in my year (including people on competitive courses at good universities such as English & Theatre at Warwick/ English at Cardiff/ Maths at Nottingham) and most found out via the phone that they we were still accepted, so there's always a chance

If they haven't accepted you then you can go through clearing. I think you need to have been rejected by both your firm and insurance first before you do that, and basically it you can try and get on courses who's spaces aren't filled, but you need to find out whether you're into your firm and insurance ASAP because clearing spaces fill up really quickly, particularly for any half decent courses/ universities left.

Good luck!

ReputationRep:
    Ok my firm place have just rung and said that they cant offer me a place at the uni but can hand my details over to their sub uni and if im acepted i can do 2 years foundation ad finish of the last 2 years of course at my firm place...

ReputationRep:
    Ok, don't just rush into accepting an offer just because they're giving you an alternative. I missed both my firm and insurance offers yesterday and was rejected from both, but my insurance gave me an offer for a different course, which I nearly accepted simply because it was there and it would have been easy to do so.

So if you want to do the alternative then great, but otherwise ring the uni back and say you're not interested. Also, ring your insurance to see what they have to say. You need to know what both their decisions are so that you'll be sorted for clearing (if that's what you want to do...it's surprising how many courses there are left).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samsung)
    Ok my firm place have just rung and said that they cant offer me a place at the uni but can hand my details over to their sub uni and if im acepted i can do 2 years foundation ad finish of the last 2 years of course at my firm place...
    It's really your call now. Call your Insurance and ask if they're willing to accept you. If yes, then you have to weigh your two options. 4 years of education at uni X, or 3 years of education at uni Y? Alternatively you could ask both unis to release you so that you enter UCAS Clearing (read the stickied thread at the top of this board), but if you want this to be the case so you can select an entirely different course at a different uni, do it ASAP.

ReputationRep:
    Ok have mangaged to delay the guy that wants my answer o so badly (He said he was from the clearing section so i guess i didnt make it into my insurance also?)...but also to and to the confusion i want to change course now and do something along the lines of banking (instead of Busines INfo Systems) or something as i have always like the idea of stock broking and well i wanted to go into it before but dindnt really know much about it...? any help??

Thank you for the replies so far your a great help

ReputationRep:
    What sort of help are you wanting?

ReputationRep:
    Just help in what i could do next because my grade are rather poor and i doubt any uni would take me on...i have had an offer from poole and bournmouth college but its a college and not a uni

ReputationRep:
    I'm unsure from your posts as to whether or not your insurance has rejected you?

Firstly, you need to work out what subject you actually want to do.
    You could resit some modules/subjects and reapply next year.
    You could look in clearing if there is anywhere that would take you.
    You could do a foundation year.

ReputationRep:
    Well on trck it says conditional it says 'conditional' and i got a offer from poole and bournenmouth college from clearing so i assume that i didnt get my insurance because i needed 'ccd' for that.

The point is i wanted to go to bournemouth but they didnt acept me for that course does that mean that goes for all course or could i try another route ??? Thank you for the help

ReputationRep:
    Phone your insurance and find out if they've rejected you or not.

If a uni rejects you for one course, it doesn't mean they would reject you for all courses. Different courses have different requirements, some are more popular than others, etc.

ReputationRep:
    Ok i cant get through at the moment think they may have closed :confused: but out of curiosity is bournemouth and poole any good? and whats the difference between the college and teh university??

ReputationRep:
    I've never heard of bournemouth and poole so I don't know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Samsung)
    Ok i cant get through at the moment think they may have closed :confused: but out of curiosity is bournemouth and poole any good? and whats the difference between the college and teh university??
    Bournemouth are good, in the middle in terms on uni ranks but its by the sea and the accom is good

ReputationRep:
    I think he was meaning bournemouth and poole college.

ReputationRep:
    take a deep breath and relax, look at different courses that interests you, also the foundation course dont sound bad at all, my brother missed out hes grades for Engineering at Queens, they offered him 1 year foundation then back onto degree course, he done it and now on hes first year, all very smooth!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Flaze)
    take a deep breath and relax, look at different courses that interests you, also the foundation course dont sound bad at all, my brother missed out hes grades for Engineering at Queens, they offered him 1 year foundation then back onto degree course, he done it and now on hes first year, all very smooth!
    But because its a 'foundation' course will it be looked down upon by employers??? :confused:

ReputationRep:
    A foundation course is what it says. You don't go out into the employment world having done a foundation course. It is an alternative way into a proper degree course but takes longer. It could be an answer but you need to find out what financial support, loans and accommodation are available to you on the foundation course as this might affect your decision.

If you aren't really sure that you've chosen the right subject, then maybe deferring for a year, resitting your exams and deciding what you really want to do might be another answer.

Check what exactly whether you have missed both firm and insurance. find out what alternatives they are offering. If you want to try clearing then you will have to move quite fast. Most unis will be open Monday morning so give them a ring. In the meantime check ot the colleges, unis and courses that they are offering you there should be something on line. You could also check out what courses are still available through clearing though your grades don't put you in a strong position.

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Applying to uni

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Graduates celebrate

How to write a good personal statement

Expert PS advice from the people who will read it

Uni match

Uni match

Can't decide where to apply? Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Two students working together

A-Z of universities

Read our guides to unis and colleges from around the UK

A student working on a computer

Personal statement help

Use our tool to get your ideal PS quickly!

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student looking down a microscope

Planning open days

Find upcoming open days and get advice on preparing.

Help out other students

These questions still need an answer

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.