Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    ive currently got D D C in my AS levels and am doing A2 this year. Im resitting a module in the hope of getting C C D at AS level to give me a better chance at A2. However all year ive been a prat and messed about I revised for AS levels and clearly didnt do that well but A2 is a lot harder and ive not been listening in lessons r anything. I know ive been a total waste of time but ive decided to work really hard over the next weeks to try and do well. Have i any chance of getting 3 B's as my final result or wud the AS grades have needed to be higher.
    thanks ure advice wud be appriciated and i know i deserve no sympathy whatsoever lol. :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    Yes, of course you have a chance. Spending less time here is a good start.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    true i think the first priority is to get off this site however its so addictive!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by horrorboy)
    ive currently got D D C in my AS levels and am doing A2 this year. Im resitting a module in the hope of getting C C D at AS level to give me a better chance at A2. However all year ive been a prat and messed about I revised for AS levels and clearly didnt do that well but A2 is a lot harder and ive not been listening in lessons r anything. I know ive been a total waste of time but ive decided to work really hard over the next weeks to try and do well. Have i any chance of getting 3 B's as my final result or wud the AS grades have needed to be higher.
    thanks ure advice wud be appriciated and i know i deserve no sympathy whatsoever lol. :rolleyes:
    The only advice I can really give is that you ought to work really hard. Start revising now, if you haven't already. It's probably easier to gain marks on the AS exams, but then again you should be better at them by now (most A2s build on the ASs, so you should have basically been using all your AS knowledge all this year) so you may want to concentrate on the A2s. Get yourself a copy of the specifications, do lots of practise papers, and get offline

Good luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kirki)
    The only advice I can really give is that you ought to work really hard. Start revising now, if you haven't already. It's probably easier to gain marks on the AS exams, but then again you should be better at them by now (most A2s build on the ASs, so you should have basically been using all your AS knowledge all this year) so you may want to concentrate on the A2s. Get yourself a copy of the specifications, do lots of practise papers, and get offline

Good luck.
    thanks i just wanted to know if its possible to get B's at A level with C's at AS. By possible i mean reasonably difficult lol.
    thanx for ure advice anyways :cool:

ReputationRep:
    thanks i just wanted to know if its possible to get B's at A level with C's at AS. By possible i mean reasonably difficult lol.
    thanx for ure advice anyways :cool:
    i dont think its possible to get 3 B's frm C's at AS level expecially after a long period of no work ud have to be a genius but try ure best. The thought of not being able to get 3 b's might just motivate u to revise ....actually i dont think it will but neva mind :confused:

ReputationRep:
    If you don't get what you want you can always stay another year... (can't you?)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alio)
    i dont think its possible to get 3 B's frm C's at AS level
    Of couse it is! That is assuming that the main problem with AS was that you didn't work hard enough, and that you plan to correct that for A2. Resitting a few modules would probably help though, otherwise you'll have to do very well in the A2 modules. If you worked hard and still only got Cs because you just couldn't do it, it'll be more difficult.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Frances)
    Of couse it is! That is assuming that the main problem with AS was that you didn't work hard enough, and that you plan to correct that for A2. Resitting a few modules would probably help though, otherwise you'll have to do very well in the A2 modules. If you worked hard and still only got Cs because you just couldn't do it, it'll be more difficult.
    thanks. i did try my best for AS levels though its just that i started too late i think due to messin about all year.

ReputationRep:
    If you work really hard, you can do it.

ReputationRep:
    im in the same boat lol

ReputationRep:
    But I worked hard with a good revision plan and got an AAB (did pure maths, stats and Economics)

Where there is a will there is a way. If you work hard you cannot regret not trying.

When revising, make a plan for all subjects and stick to it. Organise into 2 hour blocks and aim to get through it before your first exam.
    Hope this helps you

ReputationRep:
    hmm

i need 156/210 for an a in biology :rolleyes:

and 226/300 for an a in maths :eek:

gona be impossible since the last few modules are the most difficult!

ReputationRep:
    First Module Results for A/S: A Law, A Computing, B Chemistry.

I was really annoyed with my result for Chemsitry because I was four marks off an A. Plus when I did the exam in Jan I didn't understand properly but now I do. My teacher says "oh no need for retake." I suppose she is right because I don't want to be doing more exams now [well in about 1.5 months]. But I still want an A because it sounds better than B

ReputationRep:
    "No need for retake" - I like the Engrish teacher already.

Anyways, due to not being in a lot for my AS's I got a U in history, after having got an A in GCSE. I got an A in business (263/300) but then after my first business A2 exam I got 52/90 (D) because I didn't revise what the teacher told me to (I revised going through the syllabus) - he knew what was on the exam and I had no idea how to budget. I got a U in my Beloved (Eng lang/lit) too but a B in Language Production and Keats. In Keats, everyone else in the class got grades like D's and U's and resat. I wish I would have took a resit as I would have got an A (everyone else did!).

In my first A2 history exam I got a C when everyone else got poor grades (the whole class except two people are retaking the exam). Plus in my essays, I've been getting B/C and been told I can definitely get a B (my predicted). So it just takes hard work, focus and maybe being t-total for a while if you don't improve. Got to get back to my history coursework.

BTW - C at AS = 180
    B at A2 = 420

You need 240 to get a B

You have a possible 300 marks (90, 90 and 120). But you have 60 to spare so could get 100/120 (A) 70/90 (B) and 70/90 (B). If you do resits, though you'll have more marks to play with. A D to B would be a little bit harder but still possible if you do resits.

ReputationRep:
    obviously universties will take into account your un pleasing as levels but if u try hard do all course work and modules best u can and revise a hell of alot i belive u cann get a's and b's

ReputationRep:
    Don't despair. Life is a test if you do your best usually everything works out ok. I used to think "I can do anything," but on the other hand you have to got to be pratical. Everyone has limits. Best of luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 2776)
    Depends. If he asks questions and gets queries cleared up on here, then it can be good.

ReputationRep:
    Have you done any A2 units in Jan??

University open days

• University of Chichester
    Multiple Departments Undergraduate
    Thu, 25 Oct '18
  • Norwich University of the Arts
    Undergraduate Open Days Undergraduate
    Fri, 26 Oct '18
  • University of Lincoln
    Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Oct '18
Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.