Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey just wondered if anyone had there contract through for kirkstall yet?? i got mine and im in monkwood house. anyone else going to be living there??????????????????????????? ?

ReputationRep:
    i got mine this morning too, staying in Elsworth house

ReputationRep:
    Yep got mine this morning too, I'm in Dawson House

ReputationRep:
    have you got yours now because your offer has become unconditional?? becuase i havent got mine yet

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Strum)
    have you got yours now because your offer has become unconditional?? becuase i havent got mine yet
    I lived there in my first year...
    My offer was conditional upon my A-Level grades, and I didn't get my contract through til maybe a week after the results came out, so don't worry just yet

ReputationRep:
    Yeah my offer has gone from conditional to unconditional

ReputationRep:
    I got mine through on Friday and I'm at Dawson House too Can't wait!

ReputationRep:
    Hey Abz which flat are you gonna be in?

ReputationRep:
    yay got mine this morning and im in Musgrave House,

is it right that i am getting charged £79 a week for kirkstall??because when i applied it said only £68??

ReputationRep:
    Unfortunately yes it is right. When I applied I seriously considered Kirkstall and Woodhouse Lane, but on the day I made my decision I noticed both had increased from the predicted £68 to £79 and that turned me against staying there.
    The university reserves the right to change rents without prior notice. Its a total sleezy rip off if you ask me, but I dont think there is anything you can do about it

ReputationRep:
    aye, we thought we had accidentaly booked a en-suite room at first, until we went on the website and noticed they had put the rents up. quite annoying because my brother stayed there last year and paid less than i will

ReputationRep:
    Got mine this morning, I'm in Oak House!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ftang)
    aye, we thought we had accidentaly booked a en-suite room at first, until we went on the website and noticed they had put the rents up. quite annoying because my brother stayed there last year and paid less than i will
    I only paid 71 a week en suite when I lived there in academic year 2003/4.
    The rent increases are ridiculous and unjustifiable IMO :mad:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Camkey)
    Got mine this morning, I'm in Oak House!!
    Hia, im in oak house too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by milli9191)
    Hia, im in oak house too!
    yay!! did you go look at the accomodation this morning? I did, but didnt actually get to look inside Oak House. Its right at the edge of all the buildings though, next to some kind of wood! guess it will be quieter there!

do you have msn or anything?
    xxx

ReputationRep:
    i got my contract, even though i applied for opal court!!! I dont even know if i've got en-suite, im in walker house by the way!

ReputationRep:
    hey, im in walker house too. as far as im aware all of walker house is shared toilets and bathrooms. well it is in the ground floor flats anyway (3/4)

ReputationRep:
    im in flat 8, i want to try and change it but i doubt i can!! I reckon they will all be shared then! lol i'm so fussy!!

ReputationRep:
    i opted for shared, afterwards i was a little unsure. but having seen the place yesterday i reckon it will be fine there is like 2 toliets and two showers in each flat

ReputationRep:
    I only got back from holiday today so i didnt get to go and see it!On the website it says that there are only 2 showers for the flats with 6. I think im going to give them a ring tomorrow and see if i can find some stuff out!

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.