EPQ question on American History/Politics? Watch

childofdavros
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 4 years ago
I am about to start my summer EPQ project and need to pick my question. I want to do it on something related to american history or politics. Any suggestions??
Puddles the Monkey
  • TSR Community Team
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
(Original post by childofdavros)
I am about to start my summer EPQ project and need to pick my question. I want to do it on something related to american history or politics. Any suggestions??

Heya, I'm going to put this in the history forum for you as you should get more responses there.

You should also check out the forum to see if there's any other threads there which might be helpful to you! http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/forumdisplay.php?f=141

What areas of american history do think you're interested in?

American political history is also a super interesting topic, particularly relating to American foreign policy. There's a lot of very topical, heated debate about it.
BobbieShamrock
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I'm thinking of studying the American civil war and asking how far the view that the Union was the 'good side' and the Confederacy was the 'bad side' is true.

I was also tempted on looking at the American revolution, and maybe asking whether it was the tea tax that caused it or something (bc I swear I heard that tea was involved at some point).
AndrewGrace
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 4 years ago
I would reword your question if you are wanting to study the American Civil War- 'To what extent did the Union display hypocrisy in its justification for fighting the American Civil War'? (or something like that)

The American revolution would be good- 'To what extent did short term factors such as the tax on tea cause the American Revolution'? (again or something along those lines)

American imperialism during the 19th century could be good?- 'To what extent can the United States pre-1898 be considered an imperialist nation'?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Solent University
    Postgraduate and Professional Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Mon, 25 Mar '19
  • Cardiff University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19
  • University of Portsmouth
    Postgraduate and Part-Time Open Evenings Postgraduate
    Wed, 27 Mar '19

Where do you need more help?

Which Uni should I go to? (129)
17.97%
How successful will I become if I take my planned subjects? (73)
10.17%
How happy will I be if I take this career? (123)
17.13%
How do I achieve my dream Uni placement? (104)
14.48%
What should I study to achieve my dream career? (70)
9.75%
How can I be the best version of myself? (219)
30.5%

Watched Threads