Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Engineering and Business Studies (BSc)

Engineering Business Management (BEng)

@ Warwick

Which course would be better at getting into IB (Thinking more about front office). Or should i stick to Mechanical Engineering (Business) MEng at Nottingham University.

My grades are ABB

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by omonija)
    Engineering and Business Studies (BSc)

Engineering Business Management (BEng)

@ Warwick

Which course would be better at getting into IB (Thinking more about front office). Or should i stick to Mechanical Engineering (Business) MEng at Nottingham University.

My grades are ABB
    I'd choose the BEng at Warwick. If IB doesn't work out, a BEng will stand you a good stead to get a decent engineering job and Warwick puts you in a better position to get into IB than Notts.

ReputationRep:
    thanks LBC123.

Any other suggestions

ReputationRep:
    I have a friend who did Bsc Engineering at Warwick followed by a Msc in Engineering Business Management, If you want his email PM me.

ReputationRep:
    why you want to study Engineering at Warwick? why not economics? to me it seems much likely that you will get into IB. I suggest you do economics at following universities OXbridge(Economics and Management at oxford), LSE. UCL

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigtag)
    why you want to study Engineering at Warwick? why not economics? to me it seems much likely that you will get into IB. I suggest you do economics at following universities OXbridge(Economics and Management at oxford), LSE. UCL
    His grades are ABB, i think Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick require AAA if im not mistaken.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DidYouEverThink)
    His grades are ABB, i think Oxbridge, LSE, Warwick require AAA if im not mistaken.

:mad: sorry i did not see it. yes all those unversities require AAA Oxbridge UCL LSE Warwick(though you can still apply via clearing)

ReputationRep:
    im sure that wariwck is AAB

?? How about Nottingham for straight economics- i got AAB, wats the normal offer now?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tigtag)
    Warwick > UCL imo.

Anyway, yeah warwick is AABb for straight econ. Although I would guess that most successful candidates would have AAA predictions.

ReputationRep:
    Warwick > UCL imo.
    <flame>UCL > farm </flame>

ReputationRep:
    farm > rat hole

For Economics, Warwick is AAB. UCL is AAA.

Both require A at Maths.

And Warwick strikes me as the worst kind of farm out there. It's all concrete and 60s...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by President_Ben)

And Warwick strikes me as the worst kind of farm out there. It's all concrete and 60s...
    I think the warwick campus is beautiful, modern and definitely not 'farm'. Some greenary is always nice. Although having studied there, the ducks from the nearby lake can piss you off in the mornings.

ReputationRep:
    Interesting point, was talking to a guy from goldman, he said that he'd put Warwick down as the top "non-LSE-oxbridge" uni in the country. Just passing on the info...

ReputationRep:
    Even UCL? What do you guys think, Is Warwick the next top uni after Ox & LSE?

Imperial comes over UCL and Warwick.

And Warwick is relative to London, a farm.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Singh_87)
    Even UCL? What do you guys think, Is Warwick the next top uni after Ox & LSE?
    Yep, I asked about that and he specifically said it was better than UCL.

**waits for written battering from UCL people**

ReputationRep:
    "Warwick is consistently well placed in rankings of UK universities such as the The Sunday Times University Guide (6th place overall in 2005), The Times Good University Guide (8th), and The Guardian University Guide (8th place overall in 2006). Warwick, Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and Imperial College London are the only universities which have never been out of the Top 10 in the British league tables. Warwick is currently the best ranked university outside of London and Oxbridge, and the only multifaculty institution aside from Oxbridge to have never been out of the top ten."

Notice how UCL isn't in there:cool:

Anyway from my limited research I would say that Warwick and UCL is very equal. UCL may have a bit better overall rep but not enough to dismiss Warwick.

Other factors than academic should be more important when choosing.

ReputationRep:
    If you looking at universities generally (not departments).
    I would say Oxbridge, Imperial/LSE, Warwick/UCL.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Medusa)
    "Warwick is consistently well placed in rankings of UK universities such as the The Sunday Times University Guide (6th place overall in 2005), The Times Good University Guide (8th), and The Guardian University Guide (8th place overall in 2006). Warwick, Oxford, Cambridge, LSE and Imperial College London are the only universities which have never been out of the Top 10 in the British league tables. Warwick is currently the best ranked university outside of London and Oxbridge, and the only multifaculty institution aside from Oxbridge to have never been out of the top ten."

Notice how UCL isn't in there:cool:

Anyway from my limited research I would say that Warwick and UCL is very equal. UCL may have a bit better overall rep but not enough to dismiss Warwick.

Other factors than academic should be more important when choosing.
    Why limit yourself to the UK rankings? You might aswell now quote the world rankings...somebody please post a link- and we'll draw some conclusions :rolleyes:

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Articles:

Guide to investment bankingGuide to consultancy

Featured recruiter profiles:

Deutsche Bank logo

Deutsche Bank is recruiting

"Thrive in an international banking environment"

Quick link:

Unanswered investment banking and consultancy threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.