slaviapragueq
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
Hi guys,

I am going to attempt the final three advanced level papers in November, and have not begun studying on the Taxation TI syllabus. As I'm not taking classes for these (based outside UK), i was wondering if I could get hold of some important tips on how to prepare for this exam. The study manual looks too daunting to go through as I'm working as well. Is there any other book I could go through instead?

I did my taxation (professional stage) exam last year, therefore the taxation knowledge is reasonably fresh to me, but how much of syllabus addition is there in the TI stage for taxation?

Thanks guys.
snakesnake
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by slaviapragueq)
Hi guys,

I am going to attempt the final three advanced level papers in November, and have not begun studying on the Taxation TI syllabus. As I'm not taking classes for these (based outside UK), i was wondering if I could get hold of some important tips on how to prepare for this exam. The study manual looks too daunting to go through as I'm working as well. Is there any other book I could go through instead?

I did my taxation (professional stage) exam last year, therefore the taxation knowledge is reasonably fresh to me, but how much of syllabus addition is there in the TI stage for taxation?

Thanks guys.
Not sure what version of the syllabus you're doing but now there is no more tax in the TI's and instead a new exam called BPT- Business Planning taxation is in place. I would know as I'm sitting it tomorrow.
slaviapragueq
Badges: 1
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by snakesnake)
Not sure what version of the syllabus you're doing but now there is no more tax in the TI's and instead a new exam called BPT- Business Planning taxation is in place. I would know as I'm sitting it tomorrow.
The students who were enrolled into ACA prior to the new syllabus had the option of taking can opt for the old syllabus exams, which is business reporting and business change, and i had opted for these.
M1011
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by slaviapragueq)
The students who were enrolled into ACA prior to the new syllabus had the option of taking can opt for the old syllabus exams, which is business reporting and business change, and i had opted for these.
Bear in mind, only two more sitting of those TIs left, make sure you nail it!

(Original post by snakesnake)
Old syllabus is still running in conjunction with new syllabus.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (128)
18.23%
It's just nice to be back! (192)
27.35%
Not great so far... (251)
35.75%
I want to drop out! (131)
18.66%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise