Gcse maths my cousin took foundation and he will get an a*??

Watch
usmaandada121
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
My cousin told me that the school he went to accidentally gave everyone a foundation paper in maths gcse today for edexcel. He was meant to take the higher tier and his mum made a complaint. He said That school said they will mark it as a higher tier exam so he is pretty much going to get an a-a* for sotting a foundation paper. Is this possible???? If so we should make a complaint to edexcel this is ridiculous

Posted from TSR Mobile
BCMFM16
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Thats never going to happen...Edexcel are a company, they are expected to deliver people results, the appropriate exam grades. They would never do that as the foundation paper only meets a C standard and its unfair to everyone and not what we pay the board for. Hie's probably exaggerating the situation..if he was actually aiming for an A* he should have asked for a higher tier paper they always have spares...
usmaandada121
Rep:
?
(Original post by AlphaNick)
I don't see how he can get an A* on an exam which is designed only to test C grade knowledge. Hopefully he should get a chance to resit.
He said that the school told edexcel that they gave the wrong papers and edexcel said thats fine and will mark it as a higher tier paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
RayApparently
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by usmaandada121)
He said that the school told edexcel that they gave the wrong papers and edexcel said thats fine and will mark it as a higher tier paper

Posted from TSR Mobile
What school is it?
Also, they'd never do that. Its not possible to mark a foundation paper like a higher tier paper - completely different standards.
excaliburnus
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think I remember someone telling me something like this a few weeks ago (but for another subject).
usmaandada121
Rep:
?
(Original post by RayApparently)
What school is it?
Also, they'd never do that. Its not possible to mark a foundation paper like a higher tier paper - completely different standards.
Its somewhere in london im not sure bit we have to make a complaint if this is actually true

Posted from TSR Mobile
jamielou
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
They can't do this as it would be unfair to all the other higher tier candidates, chances are he will either have to accept the grade for the foundation tier paper ar do a resit in November
usmaandada121
Rep:
?
(Original post by excaliburnus)
I think I remember someone telling me something like this a few weeks ago (but for another subject).
Is this true then?

Posted from TSR Mobile
usmaandada121
Rep:
?
V

Posted from TSR Mobile
frank98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
lmao
GCSEsitter
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Its a great idea!
NooNoo1
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
that is the exact same situation at my school....
acciolucy
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
If it was true surely all schools would 'accidentally' give foundation papers?! It's unfair to foundation students as it will push the grade boundaries right up, and clearly unfair to other higher students if people doing a far easier paper can get an A*.
Andrewlowe97
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Schools don't do that. They hand out the paper and ask pupils to check if they have the correct level and if he's done foundation no chance of an A* as that need all three highera

Posted from TSR Mobile
Invest
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
This is highly unlikely. This changes everything. He will not get that A* from this foundation paper and most likely will have to resit.
Whizbox
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I think it's unfair on him to have to resit if the school was given the wrong paper, perhaps they will take his mark from the next paper
limetang
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
To all those saying its unfair to other students, that's true but likewise its true that it's unfair to the candidates sitting this paper... Admittedly though it is the responsibility of the candidate to ensure he/she is sitting her correct paper
UKBrah
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
yh he will i once got A in foundation it is bare rare but u can get it sometimes
Cherx
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
How the hell would the school even make that big of a ****-up :lolwut:
LiveAndLetDie98
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
No, it's never happened and never will happen. Foundation paper- G-C grade. Higher paper- D-A*. The exam board would never do that.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

With no certainty that exams next year will take place, how does this make you feel?

More motivated (86)
31.27%
Less motivated (189)
68.73%

Watched Threads