...Sampling... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Unregistered
Badges:
Report 16 years ago
Hellooooo,
wow this is so great that ppl come here 4 maffs help! thanks for makin this forum its like heaven! hehe, i am really stuck on my coursework, im 14 in y10, jst started it but im stuck on the whole sampling stuff. im doin these hypothesis:

1.the higher the IQ the higher the maths results
2.the older the pupul the heavier their weight
3.blue eyes pupils have better science results.

im really worried bout what to do cause im sposed to take in the planning stages for 2morrow

i have no idea how im supposed to get the results i need, i want to get 30 pupils and i think i should be using stratified and systematic sampling, but i've never even heard of them before and i dont understand what to do. could someone please help me? thank you sooooo much!!! if u can, this is my e-mail: [email protected] thank you!!!!!!!
tomlegge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
This is only my opinion, but do height and weight. They are the only two variables that actually are connected in any real interesting way. You can draw conclusions about growth spurts and puberty, whereas IQ and SATS results are basically the same thing, displayed in two different formats....and what could you conclude? More Intelligent people get better results? That seems pretty obvious to me, and anyone marking the coursework. You can only get the really good marks if you compare two things that are in any way connected, and have an ineresting variable that affects some, but not others. (You can therefore explain anomalous results)You can also draw lots of graphs, scatter diags and histograms, which in turn give u good marks. That is what I did for it and got a good mark...the people doing things like IQ all got c's.

Just my opinion anyway,

Tom

PS: I now expect a whole bunch of people who did IQ to tell me they got 100%, such is my luck!
tomlegge
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
PS: To get in the top marks, you need at least 51 pupils chosen stratified...says so in the mark scheme.

Try www.gcsecoursework.co.uk or www.essaybank.co.uk if you are stuck
X

All the exam results help you need

people online now

students helped last year
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have grade requirements for your sixth form/college?

At least 5 GCSEs at grade 4 (38)
14.67%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 5 (37)
14.29%
At least 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (54)
20.85%
Higher than 5 GCSEs at grade 6 (98)
37.84%
Pass in English and Maths GCSE (14)
5.41%
No particular grades needed (18)
6.95%