Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What are my chances of applying to biomedicine with these as-grades that I am going to retake

Biology-C
    Chemistry-D
    English-D

ReputationRep:
    mmm its difficult to say because all of the really good uni's require AAB - BBB minimum however you could try kingston and westminister they may be willing to take you as a friend of mine who got similar grades got into kingston. you dont lose. GOOD LUCK

ReputationRep:
    theres quite alot of lower band uni's doing biomedical now

I'm going to newcastle where my requirements were BBB

But i also applied to Northumbria where the requirements were CCC or 240 points, biomedicine has gone into clearing at Northumbria now and the grades are even lower!

ReputationRep:
    is it essential 2 have chemistry a level 2 do bio medical science

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by cdave663)
    is it essential 2 have chemistry a level 2 do bio medical science
    Not always, but you will have to do a fair bit of extra work while you are there if you don't have it. I strongly suggest you do at least an AS-level if you can. One of my friends managed it, but he had A-level Bio, Physics, Maths so he was quite good at the mathematical aspect of chemistry and his Physics also prepared him somewhat.

ReputationRep:
    yeh ive dun AS chem..but are they more likely to choose someone that has done chemistry n biology a level?

Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: August 20, 2006

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Mini Open Day at the Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 19 Dec '18
  • University of East Anglia
    UEA Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 4 Jan '19
  • Bournemouth University
    Undergraduate Mini Open Day Undergraduate
    Wed, 9 Jan '19
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.