The Student Room Group
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford

MSc Structural Engineering thread - Sep. 2014

Hi guys!

I am starting this thread for everybody who applied in the MSc Structural Engineering program. We can discuss, share info and, of course, get to know each other. Soooo.. Feel free to drop a line! :smile:

Hristo
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 1
Hi,

Its good that someone started this thread!

I've actually applied for the MSc structural engineering at Surrey university and hopefully will start on September.

Did you apply for the full time or part time course?
Students relax outside, University of Surrey
University of Surrey
Guildford
Original post by Ah.eng
Hi,

Its good that someone started this thread!

I've actually applied for the MSc structural engineering at Surrey university and hopefully will start on September.

Did you apply for the full time or part time course?

I have applied for the full time course :smile:
Reply 3
Did you get the offer yet?
Original post by Ah.eng
Did you get the offer yet?

Ya, I have an unconditional offer what bout you ?
Please check your private messages :smile:
Reply 5
hi, i have applied for msc in structures at surrey and i have got offers, i was looking at the modules which we have to choose, any idea which 8 modules u gonna choose ?
Original post by jansoj22
hi, i have applied for msc in structures at surrey and i have got offers, i was looking at the modules which we have to choose, any idea which 8 modules u gonna choose ?

Well I am planning to take most of the structural engineering modules and some from the bridge engineering modules.. What about you?
Reply 7
Original post by Hristomarkov
Well I am planning to take most of the structural engineering modules and some from the bridge engineering modules.. What about you?

yea same i gonna choose 6 from structural engineering and 1 soil-structure interaction and my final one not still sure but i was looking at project risk management.

have you applied for student accommodation?
Original post by jansoj22
yea same i gonna choose 6 from structural engineering and 1 soil-structure interaction and my final one not still sure but i was looking at project risk management.

have you applied for student accommodation?

Well not yet... Still thinking about other options but I think that at the end I will go with the dormitories. What bout you
Reply 9
Well not yet... Still thinking about other options but I think that at the end I will go with the dormitories. What bout you

i also havent apply, im thinking about uni accommodation but not sure which one.
Guys is there a Facebook group for MSc Structural Engineering 2014/2015 ? If not should we start one ?
Reply 11
Hi Guys! I will start the master in September too. A facebook group would be a great idea to get to know each other, in case you create it let me know!
Okay guys, just made the Facebook group!
Try searching "MSc Structural Engineering class of 2014/2015 - University of Surrey" in facebook, or just follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1447236428890887/

See ya soon :smile:
up :smile:
Reply 14
Okay guys, just made the Facebook group!
Try searching "MSc Structural Engineering class of 2014/2015 - University of Surrey" in facebook, or just follow this link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/1447236428890887/

See ya soon :smile:

Hi my name is Sayf and I got an offer today for the course which I shall of course be accepting :smile: I tried to join the Facebook group but it said I would need to be approved by admin, also does anyone know how it works with choosing modules have you done it already or do we choose after we start?
Reply 15
Hi folks
I know this is an extremely old thread 😅 but I’ve applied to a few places to study MSc structural engineering, one of which being Surrey. Just wanted to ask, how was the course? I’ve looked at all of the module specs and it seems that no matter what modules you pick, you’ll end up sitting 8 exams. How was this for you? Was the workload manageable? Any info on the course and what is was like would be greatly appreciated 👍🏼
Cheers

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending