R0ckTillWeDr0p
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
hi guys, starting a foundation course in september, would I be staying in halls of residence for two years or one year? just curious as technically I'm not starting year one.
SillyEddy
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
There is no requirement to stay in halls in any year - Some people stay in halls for all 3 years.

As it's a foundation course, you would be in "Year 1", wouldn't you? It's just the third year which you don't do to get the "full" degree classification.

Either way, if you apply you could stay in halls in the second year if they allow it. It depends on your university. Halls are designed, and generally reserved, for first year students, but that doesn't mean other students can't live there.
R0ckTillWeDr0p
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
(Original post by SillyEddy)
There is no requirement to stay in halls in any year - Some people stay in halls for all 3 years.

As it's a foundation course, you would be in "Year 1", wouldn't you? It's just the third year which you don't do to get the "full" degree classification.

Either way, if you apply you could stay in halls in the second year if they allow it. It depends on your university. Halls are designed, and generally reserved, for first year students, but that doesn't mean other students can't live there.
Ahhh, didn't see it this way! has helped a lot thank you
Helloworld_95
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Just one year, well you can apply for a second but at least at my uni you get stuck in accomodation for second+ years.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • Teesside University
    All faculties open Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19
  • University of the Arts London
    London College of Fashion – Cordwainers Footwear and Bags & Accessories Undergraduate
    Wed, 16 Oct '19

How has the start of this academic year been for you?

Loving it - gonna be a great year (136)
17.82%
It's just nice to be back! (204)
26.74%
Not great so far... (274)
35.91%
I want to drop out! (149)
19.53%

Watched Threads