Jay95
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 5 years ago
So on my form I put down I will be living with my parents in London and commuting.
I got the letter about the loans and grants I will receive and sent the letter back.

However now I want to be living in the University halls at the campus instead of commuting.

Will I be able to get an increase on my loans and grant because of this?
How can I tell Student Finance about this change?

Thanks!
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

If you need to change your living location, you should complete the following form;

http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/media...orm_1415_d.pdf

Indicate your new term time address & that you will be "elsewhere or own home," we will be reassess the application & send you a new notification of entitlement.

Thanks.
Jay95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi,

If you need to change your living location, you should complete the following form;

http://www.sfengland.slc.co.uk/media...orm_1415_d.pdf

Indicate your new term time address & that you will be "elsewhere or own home," we will be reassess the application & send you a new notification of entitlement.

Thanks.
Thank you!

However my university has not sent out accommodation packs yet so I do not know what to put as my term time address.

Also on that form I should complete section 2 right? Or do I complete the first page of my details and attach another piece of paper detailing my situation and tick the box that says "I have other changes of circumstance not
detailed on this form" ?
Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hi,

Do you know when the university will inform you of your address?

You should complete section 2, however you should indicate in section 4 that you will be living "elsewhere or own home" during each of the three terms.

You can also include a cover letter stating what you want to change.

Thanks.
Jay95
Rep:
?
(Original post by Mark Lee - SFE Official Adviser)
Hi,

Do you know when the university will inform you of your address?

You should complete section 2, however you should indicate in section 4 that you will be living "elsewhere or own home" during each of the three terms.

You can also include a cover letter stating what you want to change.

Thanks.
No I am not certain when they will inform us.
However half of my course is in university and half in a placement each term. So should I tick both placement and university?

I think I will attach a cover letter to explain my situation as well and say to check section four and two.

Also is it possible for all correspondence to be sent to my home address and not my term time address at the university due to me spending half my time there and half during placement each term?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Trinity Laban Conservatoire of Music and Dance
    Contemporary Dance Undergraduate
    Tue, 19 Nov '19
  • University of Surrey
    All subjects except Veterinary Medicine and Guildford School of Acting Undergraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19
  • The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Discover Your Type of Law - LPC and GDL - Birmingham campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 20 Nov '19

Which party will you be voting for in the General Election?

Conservatives (140)
18.74%
Labour (319)
42.7%
Liberal Democrats (152)
20.35%
Green Party (41)
5.49%
Brexit Party (21)
2.81%
Independent Group for Change (Change UK) (2)
0.27%
SNP (9)
1.2%
Plaid Cymru (6)
0.8%
Democratic Unionist Party (DUP) (1)
0.13%
Sinn Fein (1)
0.13%
SDLP (0)
0%
Ulster Unionist (1)