Turn on thread page Beta

A2 Sociology UNIT 3 MASS MEDIA 10TH JUNE THEORIES AND STUDIES watch

ReputationRep:
    I thought it would be a good idea if we could all add in studies or theories that relate to mass media obviously to benefit ourselves as the exam is tomorrow

ReputationRep:
    that was so worth the wait of the page loading... NOT

ReputationRep:
    How did you guys find it?!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by weirdnessandcoffee)
    How did you guys find it?!
    Could you tell me what kind of questions there were Nd the difficultyif the paper overall please

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by madmax1234)
    Could you tell me what kind of questions there were Nd the difficultyif the paper overall please
    The first one was to list three criticsms Marxists make of ownership and control.

Second one was to assess how age and social class are no longer stereotypical.

Then there was the option of assessing the changes of globalisation within the last 30 years and one on the relationship between media violence and violent actions today.

I...kinda thought it was an ok paper. Others didn't.

ReputationRep:
    I thought it was okay. The 9 marker was very soothing. Referenced Ralph Miliband, Marscue and Gramsci. The 18 marker could of been better, yet it did allow a lot for A02 marks which was perfect. Lets just hope I got my point across for the globalisation question... Ended up talking about Cultural Imperialism, Media Imperialis and Change in Reality. Then a bit of Digital Divide, Cutural Differences and Cultural Products then put in a bit of Pluralism and Postmodernism because I had enough time to.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: June 10, 2014

University open days

1. University of Bradford
    University-wide Postgraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  2. University of Buckingham
    Psychology Taster Tutorial Undergraduate
    Wed, 25 Jul '18
  3. Bournemouth University
    Clearing Campus Visit Undergraduate
    Wed, 1 Aug '18
Poll
How are you feeling in the run-up to Results Day 2018?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.