Turn on thread page Beta

Kasabian - Empire watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    The new Kasabian effort is currently available to listen to via their myspace page:

www.myspace.com/kasabian

I only listened through once, as I don't want to spoil it when I do actually buy the album, but I was impressed. The album has a bit more of a poppy feel to it I think, can definately pick out potential singles, but there's still some good dancey tracks too like we had with their debut.

Anyone else heard it? Any thoughts on the single of the same name?

ReputationRep:
    I love the single ...I was never a huge fan of their old stuff, I could take it or leave it, but I liked this one instantly!

ReputationRep:
    the new singles grown on me, i thought it was ;poo originally, but i'm going to get the album anyhow

ReputationRep:
    Ah, they live near my ex girlfriend, I had their very first EP, left it at hers, I could be flogging it on eBay for a fortune...but nooooo...she won't talk to me.

Anyway, being a Mod, I have a VERY selective music taste, however, this does qualify as a good album!!!

ReputationRep:
    Why flog it? Might as well wait until they're a bit older/have broken up, you'll get far more :p: Not that you can just thought I'd say lol.

The new single has grown on me too, I downloaded it legit for free cos I had a free song on MSN music from this crappy quiz.

ReputationRep:
    New single is alright, like that quite a bit at the moment. New album stuff sounds alright too, looking forward to hearing more

Haven't listened to the new album but it should be good if the single's anything to go by. I didn't get the fuss about Kasabian originally because that last album had maybe 4 good tracks at best but they do have potential.

ReputationRep:
    Their last album was alright, some good songs on there, well after they grew on you. Im more looking forward to The Killers new album rather then Kasabian's new stuff to be honest. I prefere the Killers over them

Ah, don't we all? :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I hope so! Kasabian are a bit rough round the edges compared to The Killers

And a bit less... uh... American. :p: Although I'm not sure how that's a disadvantage.

ReputationRep:
    I love their new single Empire :love:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    And a bit less... uh... American. :p: Although I'm not sure how that's a disadvantage.
    :rofl:

Them americans know how to do it... :cool:

Kasabian? where are they from? Somewhere from the Nasty North ain't they? Like Manchester or Leeds... Thats a disadvantage... :p:

(ok so the greats like Oasis and whoever have come from Up North)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cool Cat_88)
    Same here.

But must admit that when i first heard it i was like 'oh my god, what the hell is this crap...?'

Grown on me though

ReputationRep:
    me too! as soon as i heard it i went and got it off itunes as i couldnt find it anywhere else.

i went to go listen to the album on my space a few days ago and it would seem to freeze on the third track and i went on there today and now the album isnt there anymore

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by A.ndrew)
    Same here.

But must admit that when i first heard it i was like 'oh my god, what the hell is this crap...?'

Grown on me though
    :five:

It's just so damn catchy isn't it? :p:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheen)
    me too! as soon as i heard it i went and got it off itunes as i couldnt find it anywhere else.

i went to go listen to the album on my space a few days ago and it would seem to freeze on the third track and i went on there today and now the album isnt there anymore

Aw... :hugs:

ReputationRep:

Aw... :hugs:
    hehe cheers

ReputationRep:

It's just so damn catchy isn't it? :p:
    It is very catchy!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sheen)
    hehe cheers
    No problemo

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.