The Student Room Group

What should I do about this girl?

I am in love with my friend. But she has a boyfriend. (Long distance relationship 4+ yrs)
I told her how I feel and she said that I already know she has a boyfriend and that she loves him and that I shouldn't be selfish.

Her bf lives in another country and they have met once. And her mum already said no. But she believes she can convince her. Is this even realistic. She plans to marry the guy, what are the chances of that happening?

I said ok I'm sorry but we will stay friends.

I'm finding it very difficult. I love her more than anything in this world. I would do anything for her. Staying her friend I want to do because we are really good friends and I don't want to stop being friends with her.

I can't bear to not be her friend anymore, it would hurt me too much.

But it's so hard :frown:. Whenever I look at her, my heart just dies a little inside.

I don't know what to do. Unrequited love is the worst feeling ever.

I can't tell her how I feel again or it will ruin our friendship. I was already very close to ruining it the first time I told her. She said to me we can't be friends anymore because she doesn't want to see me sad. But I said to her don't worry I will be ok.

But I'm really not ok.

It's currently the summer holidays so I haven't seen her for 2 months and I won't see her until October.

I know she loves somebody else but I keep hoping for something that just won't happen.

It's not a nice feeling. I feel so conflicted and sad. I just can't shake it off.

I am always thinking what is she doing, how is she, etc.

I really don't know what to do.

I could really use some advice please.
You've got to cut her loose. It isn't her fault that she doesn't love you and you can't expect her to dump her boyfriend for you.

I know you don't want to stop seeing her, but you don't actually want to be her friend, you want to be her boyfriend and that's why it hurts every time you see her, knowing that you can't have her. It's not either person's fault but it's not healthy for you to carry on seeing her and feeling that way. Additionally, as long as you hang around her your feelings will be tied up with her when you should be using them on someone who may even feel the same way about you.

It sucks mate but you can't force her to love you :frown: :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending