The Student Room Group

She's annoyed and don't know what to do?

So I've been really close friends with this girl for about a year, (I'm a guy although not sure if it matters) and we've been through so much together and have always remained great friends. I introduced her to her now boy friend, and we both now know all eachother's close friends and well everything was great really. But last night then she just brought up something in conversation but dismissed it really quickly, and i asked her what she meant because I was curious, but she just told me to forget about it, and well i kept asking really and then she got fed up. I tried to say sorry for like pushing it too far but then she went on a rant about how i always act like a dick when i'm stressed and don't let anything go, and how she was looking for a nice chat and i ruined everything. I know I was wrong to keep asking if she didn't wanna tell me but i still feel she just took out everything on me at the time. She then blocked me on from skype (we were chatting on there at the time) but i text her because i thought it was a bit far from her, and she ignores till like 10 minutes later again telling me how i over react and over think way too much. And it kinda ended with her saying it'll be hard for me to contact her now because i've been blocked.

I don't really know what to do or what to feel. Like she means to much to me and she was my best friend and we talk everyday, and i don't want to lose her, like I couldn't really concentrate on anything today :/ But at the same time as being upset i'm annoyed at her for ending on such a bad note and blocking me out after one bad conversation. And well my question really is what to do now? like do i wait a while and try to text her or wait for her to come to me? Or just forget about it, but i don't think i can for ages like she's a massive part of my life and i don't want to lose her.
Sorry this was pretty long btw i just needed to get it off my chest.
Clear the air with her. Would be silly to end a friendship over such a trivial thing.
Reply 2
Original post by Gonzales95
Clear the air with her. Would be silly to end a friendship over such a trivial thing.

Yeah my thoughts exactly but how can i when she won't answer me and blocked me?
Reply 3
Original post by Anonymous
So I've been really close friends with this girl for about a year, (I'm a guy although not sure if it matters) and we've been through so much together and have always remained great friends. I introduced her to her now boy friend, and we both now know all eachother's close friends and well everything was great really. But last night then she just brought up something in conversation but dismissed it really quickly, and i asked her what she meant because I was curious, but she just told me to forget about it, and well i kept asking really and then she got fed up. I tried to say sorry for like pushing it too far but then she went on a rant about how i always act like a dick when i'm stressed and don't let anything go, and how she was looking for a nice chat and i ruined everything. I know I was wrong to keep asking if she didn't wanna tell me but i still feel she just took out everything on me at the time. She then blocked me on from skype (we were chatting on there at the time) but i text her because i thought it was a bit far from her, and she ignores till like 10 minutes later again telling me how i over react and over think way too much. And it kinda ended with her saying it'll be hard for me to contact her now because i've been blocked.

I don't really know what to do or what to feel. Like she means to much to me and she was my best friend and we talk everyday, and i don't want to lose her, like I couldn't really concentrate on anything today :/ But at the same time as being upset i'm annoyed at her for ending on such a bad note and blocking me out after one bad conversation. And well my question really is what to do now? like do i wait a while and try to text her or wait for her to come to me? Or just forget about it, but i don't think i can for ages like she's a massive part of my life and i don't want to lose her.
When in doubt, do nowt. Leave it a week or two and send her a text.

Giver her some time and space. She's overreacted a bit but in a week or two hopefully she'll realise she doesn't want to lose your friendship over such a silly thing!
Reply 5
Original post by Tootles
When in doubt, do nowt. Leave it a week or two and send her a text.

Original post by SassQueen13
Giver her some time and space. She's overreacted a bit but in a week or two hopefully she'll realise she doesn't want to lose your friendship over such a silly thing!

Alright i will, and idk she made it out that it had been an on going thing with me that she's put up with and now fed up, but i;kk give her some space. And we were gonna meet up on friday because it's her birthday so should i try again then?
Alright i will, and idk she made it out that it had been an on going thing with me that she's put up with and now fed up, but i;kk give her some space. And we were gonna meet up on friday because it's her birthday so should i try again then?

Maybe just be like "look I'm sorry if I pissed you off the other day but I don't think it's worth breaking our friendship over. Can we be friends? :biggrin: (oh and Happy Birthday) XD"
Reply 7
Original post by SassQueen13
Maybe just be like "look I'm sorry if I pissed you off the other day but I don't think it's worth breaking our friendship over. Can we be friends? :biggrin: (oh and Happy Birthday) XD"

Haha sounds like a good idea, Thank you :tongue:
Reply 8
What did you press her about?
Just get in touch with her some other way, Facebook, phone, email, whatsapp - whichever one works. I know it sounds weird but it could be that she's looking for you to make an effort to hold on to her and show you value the friendship (I say this because I've been guilty of doing just this and was literally waiting/hoping he got in contact.)
Original post by joker12345
Just get in touch with her some other way, Facebook, phone, email, whatsapp - whichever one works. I know it sounds weird but it could be that she's looking for you to make an effort to hold on to her and show you value the friendship (I say this because I've been guilty of doing just this and was literally waiting/hoping he got in contact.)

Hmm well i get your point actually and i guess she could be doing that but she also complained about how i always try and say sorry after saying anything wrong as if it makes it alright, which kinda confused me more as to what she expects me to do. But thanks actually, shall i try and make it clear i don't wanna lose her or will that just leave me open for her to say more things i've done wrong?
Hmm well i get your point actually and i guess she could be doing that but she also complained about how i always try and say sorry after saying anything wrong as if it makes it alright, which kinda confused me more as to what she expects me to do. But thanks actually, shall i try and make it clear i don't wanna lose her or will that just leave me open for her to say more things i've done wrong?

Well yes, but she could mean that repeatedly doing the same things then saying sorry won't cut it! I'd say you should, if you really want her around. Do you think she's going to message you of her own accord if you don't bother?
Original post by joker12345
Well yes, but she could mean that repeatedly doing the same things then saying sorry won't cut it! I'd say you should, if you really want her around. Do you think she's going to message you of her own accord if you don't bother?

Yeah I think you're right and we've never really had something like this to say sorry about but yeah she probably meant that. And yeah i do want her around so thanks i'll message her in a few days maybe. And I'm not too sure tbh, like she normally starts every conversation we've had, but I think she won't message first this time, and i suppose in this circumstance she'd want me to if she is willing to hear me out even :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending