Turn on thread page Beta

Hi, i'm an 18 year old guy, about to turn 19. Basically my issue is that for reasons I won't go into, (nothing illegal though), i need to look two years younger than I currently am. I wouldn't really say that I look particularly old for my age. I probably do look slightly young, but i'm 6"2 so trying to claim that I am 16 going 17 is likely to be a problem.

So far the ideas me an some of my friends have come up with go as far as being clean shaven, speaking in a higher pitch than normal and wearing shorts and other clothes that seem more childish. However i'm pretty sure this isn't going to cut it. I know some people naturally do look young and still get asked for id when 20 or older. Right now this is the exact look I am trying to go for so any ideas would be much appreciated.

ReputationRep:
    Anti-ageing cream?

The sad truth is because of your height people will assume your older. But then again, my 6'8 friend got ID'd for **** the other week. But he was in school uniform.

LOL! The school uniform thing would definately help. But unfortunately this is for the weekend.

ReputationRep:
    You could wear a birthday badge on nights out saying 16!

ReputationRep:
    You're mad,I spend half my time trying to look older! I know when I get to a certain age it will be the opposite but right now...it's embarrassing getting the whole 'you look young for your age'.

ReputationRep:
    I love it. :]

I know it seems a bit weird. Espcially since I always get annoyed when I get asked for ID.

It's weird though how if you try to buy a drink or buy an 18 rated film, they're always suspicious that you might be too young. But then for anything which has a discount for under 18's, they're always suspicious that you might be too old.

ReputationRep:
    Altering your diet to include more fruit and vegetables could help.

ReputationRep:
    Try tagging along with a bunch of 15 year olds. Maybe you could also wear something a bit big for you, so you look like you're still 'growing into it'. Try adopting an outlook of innocence and shyness, as well. I'm not sure how you'd go about doing that though - perhaps avoid prolonged eye contact, but still look at people's faces and be polite. And talk relatively quietly, and keep your body language quite reserved and shy.
    Heck, I suspect I'm talking rubbish, but when people mistake me for being younger than I am, I think the stuff I just listed kind of applies. Also, you could do something 'young' with your hair?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    I know it seems a bit weird. Espcially since I always get annoyed when I get asked for ID.

It's weird though how if you try to buy a drink or buy an 18 rated film, they're always suspicious that you might be too young. But then for anything which has a discount for under 18's, they're always suspicious that you might be too old.
    People like that are known as sad, bitter, ******s.

To sum up: ********s.

ReputationRep:
    I'm intrigued as to know why you wanna look younger and it might be easier to help if we knew the reason.

ReputationRep:
    I'm imagining that it must be to get into somewhere that you have to be 16 or under for, or to get a discount or child's prices for something.

Either way, you could try to speak higher pitched than normal, definately clean shaven and not be around excessively short people.

ReputationRep:
    it might be easier to help if we knew the reason.
    Yeah it would! You may aswel, you're set as anon.
    But anyway, try wearing something that your mum would buy you and look unconfident around people like shop assistants, especially women. What's you're hair like? Maybe you could put it in a centre parting or sumfin? And err you could swallow some hellium lol.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah. I used to have this problem.

Then I realised its not fair to try and get half bus fares forever.

:confused:

ReputationRep:
    its cos hes told some girl on the internet that hes 16 and now hes going to meet her for a casual relationship. right?

What I hate is how an adult is 16 and under if its something to save money (eg bus fare) but if only adults are allowed in its over 18.

ReputationRep:
    Here, if you're 15 and over you have to pay adult bus fare and adult cinema tickets. It's ridiculous! They are all just a bunch of money grabbing somethings.

As for looking younger, I think your best bet would be young-looking clothes and don't make too much of an effort with your hair. Or anything else for that matter. And yes, shave. You could wear some kind of foundation to make your skin look younger and fresher; not sure what effect it would have on your street cred though :P

ReputationRep:
    Actually, grow a scraggy bumfluff moustache on your upper lip. Makes you look 15 instantly.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by supernova2)
    its cos hes told some girl on the internet that hes 16 and now hes going to meet her for a casual relationship. right?

What I hate is how an adult is 16 and under if its something to save money (eg bus fare) but if only adults are allowed in its over 18.
    Yeah, and if you want a plane flight or something, you're an adult at 12 or whatever.

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.