The Student Room Group
Reply 1
I didn't! I don't see the point in lying, you'll probably get found out eventually and it makes you look worse. In interviews one should just be themselves and be happy they got a place just by being who they are, not by lying.
I didn't lie. I'm too lazy.
Reply 3
i didnt have an interview for uni.. but in other interviews...i havent lied as such..more like i have expanded on the truth... you just have to be clever because it's a tricky game but so far i ve managed quite well...
i wouldnt say i play the piano for example or that i can speak Russian.. something like a total lie... but i can say that i was president of my ecology club at school for four consecutive years instead of 3, or that i quit championship swimming at 16 instead of 15.... small stuff like that.
Reply 4
No, I kind of think it's unfair to disadvantage other people because of things you haven't done.
Reply 5
When i had an interview for my course, they asked how my brother was (he went to same Uni) and about the current financial situation of Marks & Spencer!!!.... Sooooo random!... Got a place though :smile:

-x-
Reply 6
Hmmm, I sorta told them more about my plans for the future so I didn't get a chance to lie. But then again I do alot of comunity work so it wasn't a problem for me!

I've lied to get jobs before though!
Reply 7
No. The guy I had my interview with was lovely, I didn't feel at all under pressure to be anything but myself.
BovineBeast
No, I kind of think it's unfair to disadvantage other people because of things you haven't done.

Interviews are a test of bull****ting ability. It's their fault for not lying well enough.
Reply 9
Dr. Blazed
Interviews are a test of bull****ting ability. It's their fault for not lying well enough.

An academic interview's meant to be a test of your ability and enthusiasm. If you lie, you're basically cheating. You can't stop people from doing it, but I'm not going to.
BovineBeast
An academic interview's meant to be a test of your ability and enthusiasm. If you lie, you're basically cheating. You can't stop people from doing it, but I'm not going to.

Meant to be. Everyone does it, so it's all good.
Dr. Blazed
Meant to be. Everyone does it, so it's all good.

Not really. It makes the whole system worthless.
Reply 12
I kind of lied. The interviewer asked me what my favourite area of Maths was, not having one, I just picked at random (geometry).
Dez
I kind of lied. The interviewer asked me what my favourite area of Maths was, not having one, I just picked at random (geometry).

But its not your fault for loving all of maths equally as much :rolleyes:
Personal statement? Yes

Latest