Media Studies Unit 1 GCSE AQA Prelim Material

Watch
megankayxo
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 6 years ago
I know it's quite last minute, but I have picked to do the dance game for the exam tomorrow. I have one marketing campaign I'm going to talk about which is Disney Infinity and was wondering if anyone could help me with another marketing campaign I could talk about? Thanks
indiia_x
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
try Planetside2, you can talk about how it has a fragmented audience which allows the game to have a wider like fan base or whatever! ermm, then link it to dyers utopian solution theory- gamers can escape normality by joining a faction of their choice and fight for teritory. The game is a free online game - USP, makes people more interested! etc. so yeh, i've also chosen to talk about Just Dance 4 as well as i can link it to the dance game we've been given! http://sarasmediablog.blogspot.co.uk/
^^ this is pretty useful for planetside 2
- hope this helped
jayclarke1998
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
The new Just Dance game was shown off at the Ubisoft press conference at E3 last night. There's plenty of stuff on YouTube. I'm probably going to base my brief on that. There was a similar game called Dance Central at the Microsoft conference but I don't know how much of that they showed.
Jupers
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
I know this is last minute, but can someone explain what I need to know for tomorrow's exam? I've picked the dance game, done research etc but is there anything specific?

Teacher didn't do much.
Fra4ser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jupers)
I know this is last minute, but can someone explain what I need to know for tomorrow's exam? I've picked the dance game, done research etc but is there anything specific?

Teacher didn't do much.
you should know what your USP is (Unique Selling Point) for example, if you do so many dances you can unlock something special. Also, im not sure if youll be asked about it but think up some gameplay, it might help you think deeper into advertising or how you will appeal to target audience. You will probably be asked to create something such as a website or a storyboard for one of your adverts so be sure to think of something up, if you get stuck on this look at some game websites such as Just Dance or Dance Central to get an idea how they've presented themselves and watch one of their adverts if needs be. I found this looking around on the internet which may help you, but you have to make an account which is worth it if you need it because it has helped me very well (http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resour...-exam-6431456/). I hope this helps
Jupers
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Fra4ser)
you should know what your USP is (Unique Selling Point) for example, if you do so many dances you can unlock something special. Also, im not sure if youll be asked about it but think up some gameplay, it might help you think deeper into advertising or how you will appeal to target audience. You will probably be asked to create something such as a website or a storyboard for one of your adverts so be sure to think of something up, if you get stuck on this look at some game websites such as Just Dance or Dance Central to get an idea how they've presented themselves and watch one of their adverts if needs be. I found this looking around on the internet which may help you, but you have to make an account which is worth it if you need it because it has helped me very well (http://www.tes.co.uk/teaching-resour...-exam-6431456/). I hope this helps
thanks

i looked at last years paper, they got prelim material but none of the exam q's said anything like "using your prelim material, create a..." etc. have we got to refer to the dance game in all 4 questions?
Fra4ser
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
(Original post by Jupers)
thanks

i looked at last years paper, they got prelim material but none of the exam q's said anything like "using your prelim material, create a..." etc. have we got to refer to the dance game in all 4 questions?
I believe we have to, all the questions are more likely to be linked with the campaign that youre going to do if that makes sense haha. If you go on the AQA website you can find some past papers and examples of A* responses etc. to explain to you how to answer things if you need it. My teacher has literally taught us nothing and weve had to do it all our selves basically and ive just googled things that i need.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (76)
63.33%
I don't have everything I need (44)
36.67%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed