The Student Room Group

GCSE answers for the foundation paper edexcel

Hi just wondering weather anyone has the answers to this paper (9th of June paper) thanks.:biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
I do believe Mr M might be posting these results along with the higher tier answers later this evening. I took the foundation too as a last resort didn't want to risk anything on the higher... What did you think of the paper? It was okay for me, but feel I need to up my game slightly to gain the lost marks in the first paper yesterday.

The last question (Best value for money) confused me think I only gained 1 mark there! I remember my teacher saying though if you set the division out 6 divided by... 4 divided by.. bus stop method you gain a method mark there. I tried my best to make sure all marks were top notch for the first half of the paper maybe a few mistakes made, but hopefully recover for Paper 2. Oh and the pie chart question I only managed to add the frequency up (came to 60) got lost there too haha!

What about you? I have a feeling the boundary for this paper will be slightly lower compared to Paper 2.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
I thought it was not too bad but I think I have lost a few silly marks. The question finding the missing angle threw me a little. I put x=85. But my friends say it was a isosceles triangle?
Reply 3
It think I did the questions you mentioned correct. What did you put for the cost of the children's lunch question??
Reply 4
Forgot aha! Yes it was an isosceles triangle = 2 equal base angles I think I got like x 50-60
Reply 5
Cr*p! yeah hopefully the paper 2 should be a little easier! Hopefully I should have at least got 75! fingers crossed.
Reply 6
What did you get for the taking away the fraction forgot what they asked, but I got 2/15... Also any other questions you can think of.. like questions after the first page asking you to do small-large? I did a quick mark up in the exam got 84/100 but took some off now as realized some mistakes throughout.

Good Luck! Calculator is my strongest
Reply 7
ye,I got 2/15 mate! Think I made some silly errors too! tbh the questions at the end are my stronger ones it think! I tend to make silly mistakes at the start, hahah! In the last question I got the 6pint bottle was the best value and on the pig question I got 3 pigs! I got around 20-25 for the meal cost for the children also. I was debating weather the amount of females in the gym was 3 or 4 at the time! cant remember what I decided tho! Hope I put 4 down! Same too you Good luck! Hope mr ... puts the mark scheme up tonight!
Reply 8
The gym question was a two way table it was 4 I think.. the last question I got a pickle in haha! I set out the division though and I think you normally get a method mark for that in best value for money questions.
Reply 9
I did a two way table haha! if you don't get the final answer do you still get method marks?
Did you suss out the charity question for the meals? The £100 one I halved to £50 for some reason lol?
I think it was 4 marks for the 2 way so I would say yes 1 for doing the actual table, 2 for doing the correct inputs, and the other for the final answer they needed.
Reply 12
I think I did. cant remember part i but ii think was eiter 25 p or 20p cant remember
Reply 13
what did you get for the area of that pentagon i got 12 1/2 hahahah
What about the match box one? I got 18 for that. You divide the 20 etc by the carton ... once you have the 3 totals you add them up together. Area of a pentagon remind me of that question again?
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
i got 200, i found the volume of the box then the smaller box and divided to get 200
I did the match box divided into the carton it was like 20 divide by... 30 divide by... then once you had these 3 totals you add them up together and I got 18.
Reply 17
i didn't do that mate. Sure i have read that it was 200?
hmm.. what did you do someone did similar to me but they times them at the end.. perhaps that's how you got 200?
Reply 19
dunno haha have to wait till the mark scheme is up tonight! i think that question was on the higher aswell! maybe ask one of the higher bunch?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending