The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by pinkbullets
There's a section on the actual application form where it asks for all your degree results so I think you'll be okay to register now and put your results on the actual application form once you get them.

I've got my assessment centre on Wednesday and I'm not feeling prepared at all. I keep changing my mind about what I want to do in my lesson. Hoping to settle on something tomorrow.

Great, thank you.

Another question - should you include GCSE subjects if your grade was below a C, i.e. I got an E in DT.
Original post by BlankOne
Great, thank you.

Another question - should you include GCSE subjects if your grade was below a C, i.e. I got an E in DT.

I'm not sure - if there's nothing on the page about including all results (I can't remember if there is) then I would just leave it off.
Reply 82
You will have it on your certificates so I would just put it on. I know people who've put D grades on the form and got through. You don't want to get caught in a lie.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 83
Original post by BlankOne
Great, thank you.

Hi, I got an E in Physics and a D in Biology and they accepted mine :smile: As long as there's only one or two low grades I'm sure it's fine :smile:
Reply 84
Random question, but my AC is tomorrow and I just thought of this.

Do we need to bring a packed lunch?
Reply 85
Original post by giella
You will have it on your certificates so I would just put it on. I know people who've put D grades on the form and got through. You don't want to get caught in a lie.

Original post by Lashton
Hi, I got an E in Physics and a D in Biology and they accepted mine :smile: As long as there's only one or two low grades I'm sure it's fine :smile:

Thanks, I'll include all of them within the application.

My GCSE grades aren't great (5 C grades), and I only have 260 UCAS points rather than the 300 required. The only thing I have going for me is that Computer Science is a shortage subject - two of my A Levels are grade B in IT/ICT, and I've a 2:1 degree in Computing.

Time will tell. :smile:
Reply 86
Original post by susan94
Random question, but my AC is tomorrow and I just thought of this.

Do we need to bring a packed lunch?

From what I've read online, they provide you with a sandwich, and there's a kitchen to make yourself drinks etc. As it's a long day, others recommend bringing a packed lunch. There's also lockers/storage available apparently. :smile:
It's so difficult to try and rank all eleven regions in preference order. What criteria did other people use? :spider:
Original post by anyone_can_fly
It's so difficult to try and rank all eleven regions in preference order. What criteria did other people use? :spider:

London - Where I live
Yorkshire - Family live there.
The rest - Indifferent
Wales

I don't speak Welsh so I think I'd be at a disadvantage.
Original post by anyone_can_fly

Yorkshire- My bf is hoping to go to uni in York and I want to be near him
North East- from Newcastle originally but moved away with my mum and I miss the North!
South Coast- I like the sea
Everything else- Indifferent
London- Too expensive
Wales- Not eligible to teach Primary there as I don't speak Welsh
Reply 90
:colonhash: still stuck
Original post by mel0n
:colonhash: still stuck

What are you stuck on?
Original post by draikzer
London - Where I live
Yorkshire - Family live there.
The rest - Indifferent
Wales

I don't speak Welsh so I think I'd be at a disadvantage.

Original post by riotgrrl
Yorkshire- My bf is hoping to go to uni in York and I want to be near him
North East- from Newcastle originally but moved away with my mum and I miss the North!
South Coast- I like the sea
Everything else- Indifferent
London- Too expensive
Wales- Not eligible to teach Primary there as I don't speak Welsh

Fair enough. I'm from Scotland and live in Oxford, neither places where TF operate, so it's difficult to decide anything except that I don't really want to go to Wales.
Reply 93
In the career history section - do we only include work we've done since leaving university or even jobs we had while/before uni?
Original post by mel0n
In the career history section - do we only include work we've done since leaving university or even jobs we had while/before uni?

If you graduated from uni more than six months ago you include any jobs you've had after uni. If you took a gap year/gap years before you went to uni you include any jobs you had then. You only include jobs that you spent more than 50% of your week doing (so you wouldn't include weekend jobs or a 10 hour a week job at while you were at uni).
Reply 95
Original post by pinkbullets
If you graduated from uni more than six months ago you include any jobs you've had after uni. If you took a gap year/gap years before you went to uni you include any jobs you had then. You only include jobs that you spent more than 50% of your week doing (so you wouldn't include weekend jobs or a 10 hour a week job at while you were at uni).

The reason I'm unsure is because one of my uni jobs was casual and during the summer/holidays I worked full time rather than just 12h a week.
Reply 96
at what point do TF ask for references?
Original post by mel0n
at what point do TF ask for references?

After you receive an offer.
Reply 98
My AC is tomorrow, feeling really nervous about it! I've redone my lesson plan three times but I'm still really worried it's not creative or engaging enough :frown:
Original post by Lashton
My AC is tomorrow, feeling really nervous about it! I've redone my lesson plan three times but I'm still really worried it's not creative or engaging enough :frown:

Do you know anyone in teaching who could give you some tips? I wouldn't worry too much as I doubt they're expecting a perfect lesson from someone with no teaching experience.
(edited 9 years ago)

Latest