Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do you think its safe paying for a laptop with a wire transfer? Anyone know how it works and what you need to do it with?

ReputationRep:
    Although you are enquiring about buying a laptop, this has nothing to do with Mobile Computing per se, and hence would be better of in the main section of Tech. Hang on, I'll ask for it to be moved.

ReputationRep:
    great thanks

ReputationRep:
    Do you know the person you are buying it from, or is it a random off the internet?? If its just a seller on ebay or something, escrow would be safer method, as they still get the money wired to them, but not before you get the laptop.

Wire transfers can go badly wrong, and you could never see your money again.

ReputationRep:
    well i was planning on getting a laptop from alienware, which i guess are pretty well established, shame they don't accept solo cards

ReputationRep:
    Oh right you are buying it from an actual shop, not just an individual or someone on ebay.

I suppose it could be alright for a big company like that, as they can be tracked down easily if something goes wrong.

ReputationRep:
    It would be bad publicity for Alienware to start stealing peoples money.

ReputationRep:
    you should be fine ... lol u legend, i wish i had an alienware lappy

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.