The Student Room Group

Girlfriend wants me to read her bedtime stories as I stroke her hair. Is this weird?

Her dad used to read her bedtime stories and she wants me to do it, is this weird? Or should I take it as a good thing as her dad used to do it and she loved her dad at the time.

Scroll to see replies

Well if you're her boyfriend it could be quite a sweet and romantic thing to do. If you're not then yeah, it's kind of weird. You might want to have a think about why she wants you to do that, perhaps she sees you as someone very important to her?
What sort of stories?

Goldilocks and the three bears?
Reply 3
She's my girlfriend, she doesn't see me as a friend-zoned best friend guy, when she first said it I thought of took it in a good way, but after I felt weird about it. I don't think she's gonna call me daddy. >______>
Da***? o.O

That's some Freudian stuff going on right there...
How old is she and how old are you?

I call it babysitting op.
My boyfriend does it for me, and I don't find it weird at all. From my point of view, it's rather relaxing, and from his, he gets to share the stories he enjoys with me - we're currently reading Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. There's something pleasant and intimate about it that both of us like. So yeah, it's not particularly weird. It might just be comforting to her.
Original post by Anonymous
Her dad used to read her bedtime stories and she wants me to do it, is this weird? Or should I take it as a good thing as her dad used to do it and she loved her dad at the time.

:rofl: lol this made my day! well, why not eh :wink:
How old is said girlfriend :holmes:
I think its really sweet!
I'm 17 and she is 15, we were talking about her dad cause she used to be close to him and now they're not, and she just mentioned that I should do it
That's weird imo
It's slightly odd, but maybe it just helps her sleep easier :dontknow:
Reply 13
Are we talking 50 Shades of Grey or Tom's Midnight garden?
Reply 14
One of my early exes (when I was 17-18) always said "tell me a story" at bedtime. At times I did indulge, but it did feel a little weird.
Original post by Acidy
Are we talking 50 Shades of Grey or Tom's Midnight garden?

More Tom's Midnight Garden. I have a British accent, and she is Canadian so sounds Canadian/American and we just love hearing each others voices.
My girlfriend likes me to do that too, usually will read her a chapter or two of a novel before she sleeps. Weird? I don't find anything weird about it.
Original post by clonedmemories
My boyfriend does it for me, and I don't find it weird at all. From my point of view, it's rather relaxing, and from his, he gets to share the stories he enjoys with me - we're currently reading Good Omens by Terry Pratchett and Neil Gaiman. There's something pleasant and intimate about it that both of us like. So yeah, it's not particularly weird. It might just be comforting to her.

awwww.... that's adorable :tongue:

I never really thought about this but it sounds like it could be quite fun and intimate. :smile:
What kind of bedtime stories are they? :sexface:
I think it is sweet.

Speaking of girlfriends, I need one urgently!

Quick Reply