The Student Room Group

Edexcel chem unit 4 teacher answers

Gonna try attaching pictures - from my phone, so I'm not sure how well it'll work

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416841.088325.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416864.635189.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416882.904813.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416909.152744.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416945.426512.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416958.630911.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 4
Original post by ChemAnswers
Gonna try attaching pictures - from my phone, so I'm not sure how well it'll work

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416841.088325.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416864.635189.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416882.904813.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416909.152744.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416945.426512.jpg

ImageUploadedByStudent Room1402416958.630911.jpg

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow thank you so much, when will the rest be coming in?
Reply 6
Original post by abclol3kid
Wow thank you so much, when will the rest be coming in?

As far as I can see, it's all up. I count 20 pages.
Thank you so much! I think Ive lost around 30 +- 1 marks, hopefully that will be a B :frown:((((((((((((((((((((
Reply 8
For question 10 d about the polymer chain of 2-hydroxy-2-methylbutanoic acid, was a methyl group supposed to be in the place of the lone hydrogen in both of the repeat units?

By the way, thanks for uploading this! It's really helpful! On to unit 5!
thank you so much :biggrin: i feel a lot more confident now, definitely made some silly mistakes and i can't remember the values i got for some calculations but i think i might be ok if the grade boundaries are slightly lowered
Reply 10
Original post by DrTeaCake
For question 10 d about the polymer chain of 2-hydroxy-2-methylbutanoic acid, was a methyl group supposed to be in the place of the lone hydrogen in both of the repeat units?

By the way, thanks for uploading this! It's really helpful! On to unit 5!

Yep, 'tis. To be fair to him, my teacher did this in about half an hour. I expect there might well be other mistakes hiding in there.
Yep, 'tis. To be fair to him, my teacher did this in about half an hour. I expect there might well be other mistakes hiding in there.

Ahh ok, Fair enough and kudos to him. I was looking at that and was wondering what happened, but if he did it in half an hour then thats......amazing :O
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 12
Original post by LeaX
thank you so much :biggrin: i feel a lot more confident now, definitely made some silly mistakes and i can't remember the values i got for some calculations but i think i might be ok if the grade boundaries are slightly lowered

I felt the same after I went through it with him. Spotted three marks I definitely dropped, but it was easier than it seemed in the exam. Your perception of it is all warped when you're in the room, in the moment.
I felt the same after I went through it with him. Spotted three marks I definitely dropped, but it was easier than it seemed in the exam. Your perception of it is all warped when you're in the room, in the moment.

i got 16 in mcq which isn't bad considering i rushed through them and didn't have time to check them in the end
but i can't tell my marks for the main section but there were a few mistakes made, i need at least a B in this exam to get into uni but not sure how many raw marks I can drop before I go below a B :s-smilie:
Do you guys think 68-70 will be an A*?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
There are quite a few mistakes in the uploaded answers but its very helpful nonetheless, thanks so much!
Cheers for this, big help!
Reply 17
Original post by Jan95
There are quite a few mistakes in the uploaded answers but its very helpful nonetheless, thanks so much!

Yeah, I pointed a few out to him - he tends not to really read the questions :biggrin:
Reply 18
Yeah, I pointed a few out to him - he tends not to really read the questions :biggrin:

so some of the answers in those uploaded slides are wrong? : o can you point one out as an example please, cheers. great help by the way : )
Thanks for uploading! :biggrin: I just needed to see how badly I'd done (not as bad as I'd initially thought, assuming follow through marks in section C) and now I can concentrate on my next 3 exams before unit 5. Good luck guys!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply