Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    Well you didnt stereotype me at all, did you

To answer your questions

1. Of course I will
    2. Of course I won't
    3. Aint about playing that drum and base crap at 200db, more like Hip-Hop, Garage and old-skool

Thanks for wishing me luck anyways
    As long as you're safe, don't annoy other drivers and don't drive beyond your limits you'll be fine.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I have no complaints if someone gets a Lada, puts a V8 engine on it and leaves the rust on it so it looks completely standard. It's just the 17/18 year olds who read Max power and think there 1.0 litre Nova is the fastest thing on the road and they have to show it. It's sad and dangerous.
    And the stereotypism continues....you got anymore??

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    As long as you're safe, don't annoy other drivers and don't drive beyond your limits you'll be fine.
    yes, yes, no (i plan on breaking the 30mph speed limit as i believe it is a terrible speed limit)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    And the stereotypism continues....you got anymore??
    I do, i could start with Burberry baseball caps, open drivers window all the time. I could go on, but i won't.

My friend drives like a nutter he scared me, not because he was driving fast (i've been 3 times faster than he was driving - go figure) it's just my lack in confidence in him and he just drove like an idiot. Then there was this other guy he had 5 people in his peugeot 206 and he drove like know. Needless to say, when i got out the car i almost punched him - he's going to kill himself soon if he carries on like that.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    yes, yes, no (i plan on breaking the 30mph speed limit as i believe it is a terrible speed limit)
    Are you joking about the 30? 30's are the only ones worth keeping and maybe 40's. Motorways should be de-restricted.

ReputationRep:
    Use your judgement. If you're outside a school do 20. If you're on a 30 that you know is safe, do whatever you feel like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by iiikewldude)
    I just passed my driving test yesterday first time. Didn't get nervous at all and almost forgot i was doing the test.

The original plan was i would get the use of my dad's old car but at £3750 to get me put on his policy as a named 'infrequent' driver i don't think it's going to happen.

Whats a good dirt cheap car with low insurance premiums for me (17 yo male)?

Also is there anything sly anyone can suggest to not pay as much for insurance? e.g getting put on someone elses policy as a named driver instead of getting my own policy etc.
    Anything respectable i.e.) non-townie like.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    I do, i could start with Burberry baseball caps, open drivers window all the time. I could go on, but i won't.

My friend drives like a nutter he scared me, not because he was driving fast (i've been 3 times faster than he was driving - go figure) it's just my lack in confidence in him and he just drove like an idiot. Then there was this other guy he had 5 people in his peugeot 206 and he drove like know. Needless to say, when i got out the car i almost punched him - he's going to kill himself soon if he carries on like that.
    lmao!

Thats one thing I have vowed, once I pass my test, If I drive like an idiot i'm not going to endager the lives of the others in the car....I'm lucky really, all my friends are really cautious...Out of the group I'm most likely to be a maniac driver!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    Are you joking about the 30? 30's are the only ones worth keeping and maybe 40's. Motorways should be de-restricted.
    no i'm not joking, as i hate that speed limit, not saying i'm gonna break it on purpose, just thatif it happens I won't be all that phased by it

(Original post by Gimp)
    Use your judgement. If you're outside a school do 20. If you're on a 30 that you know is safe, do whatever you feel like.
    lol!

exactly!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kuz)
    lmao!

Thats one thing I have vowed, once I pass my test, If I drive like an idiot i'm not going to endager the lives of the others in the car....I'm lucky really, all my friends are really cautious...Out of the group I'm most likely to be a maniac driver!
    It may be worth having some extra tuition after you've passed, it's not un-common for people to do. A day on a skid-pan can really teach you a lot about car control. It's something to consider.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by G4ry)
    It may be worth having some extra tuition after you've passed, it's not un-common for people to do. A day on a skid-pan can really teach you a lot about car control. It's something to consider.
    Yeah, I did plan on doing so through pass-plus, not only to improve my skills but also to lower my insurance premium

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by amazingtrade)
    Yeah but I think GM have recently bought Nissan out. I am not sure but I'm pretty certain they were bought out as Nissan were strugelling as an indepent company.
    Nissan are partly owned by GM, about 20%, I believe.

Poll
Do protests make a difference in political decisions?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.