AQA GCSE Physics P1 12/06/2014Watch
Also, if anyone has any useful P1 resources/notes they wouldn't mind sharing here that'd be great!
Here's some questions from the spec:
1. How to reduce the energy transfer from a building.
2. What is the role of free electrons in conduction through a metal?
3. Explain evaporation and the cooling effect this causes using the kinetic theory.
4. Define: payback time.
5. Compare the use of different types of waves for communication (sound/light/microwaves/radiowaves/infrared)
6. Evaluate the possible risks involving the use of mobile phones
I'll post more later.
6. Microwaves heat water and can destroy cells (think microwave). Mobile phones use microwaves, oh no my heads been fried! Most scientists call BS, but not 100% sure. If this come up it will be a source based question.
Use the Specification
If you go onto and hit CTRL+F and then type shift
You can scan the specification for red shift and it will tell what you need to know. Hope it helps :P
use the specification
if you go onto and hit ctrl+f and then type shift
you can scan the specification for red shift and it will tell what you need to know. Hope it helps
That it is caused by galaxies travelling away from Earth. The bigger the red shift, the more the waves are spread out and the further away the galaxy- it is also moving faster than galaxies that have been less red shifted. Learn the Doppler effect (same sort of thing) as they will probably relate red shift to that.
AND HERE IS WHAT EVERYONE HAS BEEN WAITING FOR.....
THE MARK SCHEME FOR JAN 2014 PAPER, I PROMISED AT 6 SO HERE IT IS...
i hve the mark shceme but cannot upload it? an help
THANK YOU!!!! To attach it, you need to make a new post, and click on the icon that looks like a paperclip and a piece of paper in the first row of icons. Once you click it, a window will pop up and all you need to do is press "choose file", find the mark scheme on your computer, and press OK