Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    for 700-750 pounds? I am a moderate gamer but do like to use a laptop for multemedia purposes such as watching movies etc.

ReputationRep:
    have you looked into the dell XPS range?

ReputationRep:
    By 'moderate gamer', what do you exactly mean? Give us some examples of the games that you play. Is portability a huge concern for you, or will your computer be mainly deskbound?

ReputationRep:
    the only game ill be playing is cod2 or css and no others. But mostly i will use the laptop to watch music and listen to music.

ReputationRep:
    Have a look at uk.zepto.com or if all else fails www.laptopsdirect.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    Lecter, you seem to be quite the Zepto convert recently, hehe! I hope the laptop your order from them is as good value as it initially seemed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Angel Interceptor)
    Lecter, you seem to be quite the Zepto convert recently, hehe! I hope the laptop you ordered from them is as good value as it initially seemed.
    I was going to get the same as my brother, acer aspire 9114wlmi but since a member posted link to zepto and reading about it on http://forum.notebookreview.com/forumdisplay.php?f=1032 (dedicated zepto forum with a company employee giving tech help). Yes i admit there have been hitches even serious problems especially with regards to supply but the customer service does speak for itself.
    There are issues with the slot-in DVD/CD drive and general issue with the 512Vram go 7600, but thats nvidia problem. The screens are non-glossy.

In what respect good value? For £1299 i get the 6615WD with a casual bag, 3years warrenty in addition, 2 components are better than the acer aspire - 512Vram for the go 7600 and 100GB 7200rpm HDD. My bro's laptop comes to £1377 inc. extended 3 years warrenty and notebook skin.
    Also for £50 i am thinkin of getting a customised lid, however i am not sure if can be done with the 6615WD.

edit - the 6214W is 14 inch monitor with native resolution of 1280x768 whereas the 6615WD is wide screen and native resolution of (WSXGA+) 1680x1050.

Just got reply from the main guy on the forum from zepto, 6615WD, i cnat customise the lid

Poll
Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.