The Student Room Group

How lenient are Bristol with grades??

My offer to study Economics at Bristol is AAA and I'm pretty sure my results are going to be A*A*AB and my B is going to be in economics. I know that looks backwards but do you think they will still take me?
Reply 1
I'll bump your thread with my Polish exams equivalent to A*A*B (in Maths)
[And a lot of population-wise A*'s in irrelevant exams]
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 2
Original post by Shepherd_9
My offer to study Economics at Bristol is AAA and I'm pretty sure my results are going to be A*A*AB and my B is going to be in economics. I know that looks backwards but do you think they will still take me?

I'm quite sure they'll take you :smile: don't worry! best of luck!

Does your offer specify that you need an A in Economics? If it does, and you get a B, they might not take you. If your offer just says AAA, no subjects in particular, and you achieve A*A*AB, you have met the conditions of your offer so they still take you.
Reply 4
Original post by infairverona
Does your offer specify that you need an A in Economics? If it does, and you get a B, they might not take you. If your offer just says AAA, no subjects in particular, and you achieve A*A*AB, you have met the conditions of your offer so they still take you.

Yes my conditions are A in Economics and A in maths, little annoying
Yes my conditions are A in Economics and A in maths, little annoying

That is annoying. If you get an A in Maths they might be more lenient but ultimately if you miss the offer, nobody on here can tell you what your chances are. It will depend on how many other people met their offers on results day, how many spaces they have left over in Clearing (if any) etc.
Reply 6
Original post by infairverona
That is annoying. If you get an A in Maths they might be more lenient but ultimately if you miss the offer, nobody on here can tell you what your chances are. It will depend on how many other people met their offers on results day, how many spaces they have left over in Clearing (if any) etc.

Yeah that's what I've heard, thanks anyway!

If the A* is in maths then they'll probably take you, but then again Bristol is oversubscribed. Just try to maximise your grades to increase the chance.
I have Bristol as my insurance and I think I messed up one of my economics exams too like the OP. My offer is AAB with As in maths and economics but I think I'm going to get A*A*AB with the A*s in maths and FM, the A in physics and the B in economics.
Do you recon they'd still take me seeing as they're only my insurance? It's annoying because I will probably exceed all other aspects of the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by Bloxorus
I have Bristol as my insurance and I think I messed up one of my economics exams too like the OP. My offer is AAB with As in maths and economics but I think I'm going to get A*A*AB with the A*s in maths and FM, the A in physics and the B in economics.
Do you recon they'd still take me seeing as they're only my insurance? It's annoying because I will probably exceed all other aspects of the offer.

Posted from TSR Mobile

That's exactly my problem except it's my firm not insurance...I'm really hoping I might just scrape the A in economics if the grade boundaries are on my side but I don't think they will be. The annoying thing is that on the website, they don't even specify that you need economics A level to study it..! So I'm just praying that they will still let me in if my other grades are very good.
That's exactly my problem except it's my firm not insurance...I'm really hoping I might just scrape the A in economics if the grade boundaries are on my side but I don't think they will be. The annoying thing is that on the website, they don't even specify that you need economics A level to study it..! So I'm just praying that they will still let me in if my other grades are very good.

Yeah it's so annoying. One of my economics exams went so well but I just had a really bad day for the other one. If I do well enough on the first exam it may balance out to an A overall but I'm not too sure.
What's worse is that my firm (UCL) also need the A specifically in economics but they are not lenient at all, so if I miss it, there's almost no chance of me getting in.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by Bloxorus
Yeah it's so annoying. One of my economics exams went so well but I just had a really bad day for the other one. If I do well enough on the first exam it may balance out to an A overall but I'm not too sure.
What's worse is that my firm (UCL) also need the A specifically in economics but they are not lenient at all, so if I miss it, there's almost no chance of me getting in.

Oh, I also have UCL as my firm and Bristol as insurance and it's really bad to hear that they are no lenient with people, even those who exceed greatly their offer except one subject.

Quick Reply

Latest