Turn on thread page Beta

Public poll version of Religion thingy watch

ReputationRep:
    No more pagans then

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    No more pagans then
    I guess out of the options shown I would fall under that category, mine is more spiritual than earth based, but it definately isn't buhdaism.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cree)
    I guess out of the options shown I would fall under that category, mine is more spiritual than earth based, but it definately isn't buhdaism.
    I am no longer alone

ReputationRep:
    I am not an athesist as I do kind of believe in god, however I don't believe in relgion according to the poll this make me a void.

edit sorry just noticed agonostic.

ReputationRep:
    I am a christian.

ReputationRep:
    Traditionally im a Catholic, but I follow anything that has a positive message for humantiy.

ReputationRep:
    I just put athiest as it's in Rahaydenuk's sig.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by piginapoke)
    I usually categorise myself as agnostic and previously was amused by those steadfastly championing any of the other options blindly, thinking I was right, agnosticism is the only way to go given that no evidence that God exists exists but there is a possibility that God could exist.

I have since realised I've been doing exactly what I found contemptible in those that champion a religion or atheism - believing agnosticism to be 'right' and everyone thinking otherwise is wrong. It seems to be a illogical situation where I don't want to claim anyone's beliefs are wrong, but also don't want to claim that mine are definitely right. So, I think I'm trying to say I am a kind of agnostic agnostic, if there is such a thing.

Ive been wondering what Agnostic was. And ive been finding that there is a lot in christianity that cannot be accounted for. I totally agree. Its by my family background that im Catholic (my mother is form Spain) but my dad is the same as me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by randdom)
    Athiest is sure there is no god and the agnostic doesn't deny the existance but doesn't think it can be proven
    Hits the nail on the head with regards to agnosticism.....

ReputationRep:
    Well I was trying to get across that I don't want to discount any of the religions or belief systems at all, as I believe its arrogant and close-minded to do so; I probably didn't come across well, it is late after all.
    No thats what i thought you meant.

ReputationRep:
    Even having said that, its hard to shake the notion that this is the 'right' opinion! Perhaps thats just the nature of opinions one has arrived at through logical thought; it seems difficult to hold a definite opinion while at the same time thinking it might be wrong.
    Its true, but as you said, who has the 'right' opinion anyway? And everyone will continue to argue about it. I think the best thing we can do is respect everyones opinion, (as we already do). I myself believe the logical things thats why i find some opints of chrisitanity unbelieveable. But thats just me. I mean i fully support others faith, and i admire them that they have such a passion for it.

ReputationRep:
    While I respect an individual's faiths I don't particularly like the idea of pushing ideas/religions/faiths onto another. Surely a better system would to be to allow every individual to find the right faith for them themselves.

Which is why I dont agree wiht religion in schools, either teach every religion or none at all.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    Which is why I dont agree wiht religion in schools, either teach every religion or none at all.
    Thats y france is better ... u dont have R.E

ReputationRep:
    I agree, ideally it would be optional though. Also, I can think of a few subjects more important than religion to teach to children, their time at school is short!
    Sure is. Anyway, im going for a little shop-shop now, See ya!

ReputationRep:
    can anyone tell me what does Paganism refer to exactly?? i've been confused 4 ages, yet been lazy to check it out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by PadFoot90)
    there you go.
    someone want to tell me why i got neg rep for that?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tammypotato)
    Thats y france is better ... u dont have R.E
    aw! that's not fair!.....i hate RE!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Toto)
    can anyone tell me what does Paganism refer to exactly?? i've been confused 4 ages, yet been lazy to check it out.
    i've always wondered that as well!

ReputationRep:
    Paganism is an term which covers many different types of religions such as wicca and shamanism. Paganism is an umbrella term just a christianity covers c of E catholic Baptist ect.
    The deffinition that I found on the internet is

A Pagan or NeoPagan is someone who self-identifies as a Pagan, and whose spiritual or religious practice or belief fits into one or more of the following categories:
    Honoring, revering, or worshipping a Deity or Deities found in pre-Christian, classical, aboriginal, or tribal mythology; and/or
    Practicing religion or spirituality based upon shamanism, shamanic, or magical practices; and/or
    Creating new religion based on past Pagan religions and/or futuristic views of society, community, and/or ecology; and/or
    Focusing religious or spiritual attention primarily on the Divine Feminine.

ReputationRep:
    where does Bahaism stand? :confused:

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.