The Student Room Group

If someone offered you £1mil to sleep with your partner, would you let them?

Scroll to see replies

Only up for it since I don't have a partner so you'd just be giving me an awkward handjob
Original post by GottaLovePhysics! :)
I thought this would be an easy "no". Im gobsmacked people would be up for this.

I just think it would be an easy choice for most people, we're just monkeys running around having lols. If it was ok with my partner and we got a cool million, I can't see why anyone wouldn't.
Yes, absolutely. Insecure nonsense aside, I know I can deliver the goods, he's hit-or-miss, plus we'll probably ending up splitting up, so being golden is brilliant.
Original post by Hal.E.Lujah
I just think it would be an easy choice for most people, we're just monkeys running around having lols. If it was ok with my partner and we got a cool million, I can't see why anyone wouldn't.

Well, I see it this way. If someone offered you £60 to sleep with your partner, you wouldnt do it. You would see it as pimping on your part and prostitution on hers. Im sure you would also be offended by that offer. You have decided its morally wrong to accept that sort of offer.
So I dont see why making the amount of money bigger would sway your morals.
I think so ... that sort of money has to come before your pride :dontknow:
Reply 25
No.
Well, I see it this way. If someone offered you £60 to sleep with your partner, you wouldnt do it. You would see it as pimping on your part and prostitution on hers. Im sure you would also be offended by that offer. You have decided its morally wrong to accept that sort of offer.

The amount being bigger is enough because it is an absolutely life changing amount. If it was for a grand, most people would hesitate. It's not that much. For fifty grand? That too is a life changing amount, and you'd mull it over.

But for a million, for anyone who lives in the real world, it's not even worth considering. It's an earth shattering amount that would enrich your partners and your life massively.
Yes, providing that someone is a woman
Yes, if she was completely comfortable with it. £1m would transform our lives and really it's just sex.

My girlfriend's scintillating in bed so we'd probably get a decent tip too.
I don't know, I really don't.
Reply 30
Super tempting
Yeah man, lemme see those dolla signs
Yeah of course.

I would like to think my partner would have the same common sense and not turn down a £1mil anyway

There's clearly a difference between a small amount and a large amount, if you look at it in terms of net welfare gain. Are you honestly implying that there's no difference between someone paying you 50p to sleep with your partner, and someone offering £50 billion?

There comes a point when it becomes worth it. Like if someone offered me 10p to punch me in the face, I'd reject it, but I'd obviously reconsider if they offered a lot of money...
Hell no although I'd be willing to sit around a table and negotiate. Taking the first offer is bad for business. You don't become rich without being stubborn and negotiating. I'd probably settle for £1.4m with a brand new car thrown in.
Original post by Alfissti
Heh a rather old movie, Indecent Proposal.

The answer is no.

Original post by Clez
The film was Indecent Proposal. :cool:

Yes, that was it!
£1 million may as well be £1 or £1 googolplexian. Some things have no monetary value.

There are many cuckold people here, male and female. I spit on you all. Baboons. :smile:
Nope but I guess most people would do anything if the price is right.
Reply 38
No.
Yes. Seems like a perfectly rational thing to do. What difference does it really make to anything? It isn't like (most) people haven't slept with someone else before. Considering there's no emotional detachment (sex is a physical act at this level) I don't see a problem.

Quick Reply

Latest