Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Do oxford view your module results for applying in this year ie. 2006 for 2007 as there seem to be all sorts of different stories as to whether they do or not

ReputationRep:
    shouldn't this goes into the oxford forum ?

ReputationRep:
    I thought I had posted it there, but besides that, are you able to help..?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by psycho)
    shouldn't this goes into the oxford forum ?
    It would help if you actually reported the post and assisted the moderators in their job instead of just making a comment like that.

ReputationRep:
    I want to German and perhaps Russian at Oxford. I was just wondering would a student who JUST scraped As in all of their modules for German have an advantage over me, even though my overall score is higher? I got two high As (101/105 and 103/105) and a high B (70/90).

ReputationRep:
    They don't get module scores, they get module grades. Sign up to UCAS Apply 07 and see for yourself - you simply add the three module grades, ie A,B,C etc with the little 'add/edit module' feature at the bottom of each subject page. So they don't know if you got a high/low grade in the modules.

So, yes, friendsfanatic, they would have a better profile on the form. You could get your referee to mention that you got high scores in the other two, though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by friendsfanatic)
    I want to German and perhaps Russian at Oxford. I was just wondering would a student who JUST scraped As in all of their modules for German have an advantage over me, even though my overall score is higher? I got two high As (101/105 and 103/105) and a high B (70/90).
    I'm in exactly the same position with history, having gained full marks in 2 modules and missed my A by 2 marks in the third. It seems that only the grade and not the scores will be visible, so yes the people who gain As by a few marks will look better.
    I would advise asking your teachers to mention your high marks on the reference & maybe even make it clear you missed your third A by only a few marks.

Poll
The new Gillette ad. Is it:

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.