The Student Room Group

Will I be accepted with lower grades? Would really appreciate opinions and advice!

I'm a leaving certificate student from the Republic of Ireland. The grading system is A1, A2, B1, B2, B3, C1, C2, C3, D1, D2, D3.. I'm repeating my exams this year and I fear I haven't been doing as well as I hoped. :frown:

I've accepted Physics and Computer Science in Queens University Belfast as my firm choice and the entry requirements are B2 B2 in Maths and Physics and B2 B2 C2 C2 in four other subjects.

The maths syllabus has changed quite a lot in the last few years with the introduction of 'Project Maths'. There's two papers and now it's testing your literacy skills and verbal reasoning! Some of it seems to be hardly maths at all. Paper one is real maths though, algebra, calculus etc. I think I've gotten a B1 in it. It has the skills that I'd need for my course. But, paper 2 is horrible in my opinion, because some of it isn't true maths skills. I feel it brought me down to an overall B3 or C1 grade. Is there any chance of the university letting me in? This is the main reason I've repeated and I feel so bad about myself and that's there's a good chance I won't get in because of it. My physics exam is on the 16th of June and I feel I could get an A..

I also took up higher level English (only higher level subjects can be counted as part of the entry requirements to Queens) and I think I may have gotten a C3 in it. I've only had a year at the subject instead of two.

If anyone could give me their opinion or advice on how the university would treat me if I asked to be accepted onto the course would be greatly appreciated!

Also I don't want to be separated from my girlfriend, who is likely to end up there. It's really upsetting me. :frown:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending