General Psychology Questions Watch

jpowell
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hello, welcome to the General Questions thread for Psychology.

This thread is for questions of a non-specific nature, such as:

"Is <subject> hard?", "Will I be able to do well at <subject>?" etc.

If you want to ask a specific question about a particular topic, or want
help with a question, then feel free to start a new thread.

This will help to de-clutter the Academic Help forums, and make them much easier to use.
candle
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
hii..

I want to know that how many c/w's r there in As and is the c/w really hard??

as am really stuck on ma fourth As so was thinking of doing psychology but am not sure if its gona be hard or easy cuz am not really good in english.. had only C for my GCSE...
i would appreciate it if anyone can give me some information that will answer those questions.
Emily-Sarah
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I didn't do any coursework for my AS level psychology. I guess it depends which board you do it with, but yeah mine was all exam based. I liked that because I perform better on exams but psychology is quite different to most other subjects so I guess it's down to you personally whether you'll enjoy it and whether you'll do well. I have found that I do better in the subjects I enjoy, regardless of difficulty because I tend to try harder.

Hope that helps!

xx
beach surf babe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
For AQA there is none at AS. I think some of the other exam boards do research projects or mini practical investigations though.
sim90
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Does anyone know where i can find AS AQA spec. A psychology key words and definitions???
-mel-
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by sim90)
Does anyone know where i can find AS AQA spec. A psychology key words and definitions???
you can go onto . . . www.phillipallan.co.uk or .com not sure which and it sells psychology AS/A level dictonary terms and loads of useful books which have really helped me
gunners r us
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
1. is psycology respectable
2. is there a lot of science
3. is it enjoyable
Strugglingwithstats
Report 11 years ago
How do i start a thread??
xX-CattyD-Xx
Report 11 years ago
There is quite a bit of science in the biological aspects for example reasons for eating disorders. I think its really interesting !! I have just started the psychopathology topic and its awesome !! :tsr2:
nathann06
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by candle)
hii..

as am really stuck on ma fourth As so was thinking of doing psychology but am not sure if its gona be hard or easy cuz am not really good in english.. had only C for my GCSE...
i would appreciate it if anyone can give me some information that will answer those questions.
for aqa there is no AS course work only A2. its not very hard either you just have to do your own personal study of somthing your interested in..
its quite enjoyable really
Interchange
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by gunners r us)
1. is psycology respectable
2. is there a lot of science
3. is it enjoyable

2) Not really, well I only do GCSE so maybe at AS/A. Theres a lot of names, theories and criticisms of theories to remember though.

3) I find it extremely interesting but its different for every person.
ryan_forest
Report 11 years ago
(Original post by candle)
hii..

No coursework in AS and as someone else has said its quite easy when you do it in A2. You dont have to go into that much detail - unlike Biology coursework!!

Psychology is a bit like history imo, not only do you have to know all of the information but you have to know how to write it down and link it togther in the right way so that it make it easier for the examiner to mark.

I took GCSE history and got an A in that.
At A level i took Chemistry, Biology and Psychology and at the end of AS i got a good A in psychology. History helped me a lot imo because before i took history i wasnt very confident in writing essays and didnt usually get very good marks.
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Lincoln
    Brayford Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Bournemouth University
    Midwifery Open Day at Portsmouth Campus Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18
  • Buckinghamshire New University
    All undergraduate Undergraduate
    Wed, 12 Dec '18

Do you like exams?