62.16%
No (14)
37.84%
LancePereira
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
A thread for people to share tips, tricks, revision notes and information for those who need help.
If you want an idea of what might come up on the calculator paper, ask me and i'll post it. My school made a list of all the possible topics for the calculator paper.
Magistl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Will 3D Pythagoras likely be present?
LancePereira
Rep:
?
(Original post by Magistl)
Will 3D Pythagoras likely be present?
It's not likely but it could be present. My advice is to just revise it. You never know what might come up
Magistl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by LancePereira)
It's not likely but it could be present. My advice is to just revise it. You never know what might come up
I appreciate it!
BCMFM16
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'vegot to smash this one lol...no pressure...
Magistl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Additionally, what's the most likely topics to appear? I'm aware that proportion, trigo, algebra, angles and volume are extremely likely but are there others? I'm trying to reinforce knowledge and I want to ensure I don't waste time.
avh08
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What do you think the calc paper would be like in comparison to the horrendous non calc one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
LancePereira
Rep:
?
Additionally, what's the most likely topics to appear? I'm aware that proportion, trigo, algebra, angles and volume are extremely likely but are there others? I'm trying to reinforce knowledge and I want to ensure I don't waste time.
Quadratic formula, factorising quadratics, area of circles and other shapes where the formula includes pi, histograms, cumulative freq, inequalities, percentages(comp. interest, reverse percentage, percentage increase/decrease). These are what I've seen on almost every past paper I've done, and chances are that they are going to come up again
Magistl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Quadratic formula, factorising quadratics, area of circles and other shapes where the formula includes pi, histograms, cumulative freq, inequalities, percentages(comp. interest, reverse percentage, percentage increase/decrease). These are what I've seen on almost every past paper I've done, and chances are that they are going to come up again
Ty
LancePereira
Rep:
?
(Original post by anish1699)
What do you think the calc paper would be like in comparison to the horrendous non calc one?
I think it's going to be the same.
LancePereira
Rep:
?
Ty
I can give you all the possible topics that are going to come up.
I can give you the link or post it here.
Which one do you want?
AKaur98
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You guys should go on mathswatch, it's got all the predicted stuff on there for paper 2..
Magistl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which one do you want?
Link via message please
avh08
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah but its so vague

Posted from TSR Mobile
Craig1998
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There'll probably be some calculator skills things on there too, there usually is.
Some maths teachers said that the likely topics for the last question (hardest) are histograms and proof.
PeacefulSniper
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Which one do you want?
If possible, may I have the link aswell please?
cyber17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My teacher sent our class this paper: http://justmaths.co.uk/wp-content/up...cel-Linear.pdf. It's for the higher tier.

The foundation version is here: http://justmaths.co.uk/wp-content/up...FOUNDATION.pdf

It's a best guess paper, so contains questions that teachers think will come up. Can't vouch for the accuracy of its predictions but it's worth doing for revision. It's from this website, which also has a topics list on http://justmaths.co.uk/2014/06/09/best-guess-paper-2/
LancePereira
Rep:
?
(Original post by PeacefulSniper)
If possible, may I have the link aswell please?
No problem!!. I'll message it to you.
iramfiaz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
where are the answers for this paper???
cyber17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iramfiaz)
where are the answers for this paper???
If you're referring to the paper I posted, then I can't seem to find the answers I'm afraid.

I'll be happy to check or discuss a question with you if you need though I like maths
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (43)
37.07%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (11)
9.48%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (5)
4.31%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (29)
25%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (18)
15.52%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (10)
8.62%

Watched Threads